When is Verizon going to improve DVR recording options
mgarczynski1
Enthusiast - Level 2

After years of only having Comcast as the provider in the Baltimore area, I signed up for FIOS as soon as it was available for the improved service and features.  One of those features was the DVR option.  I've since watched XFinity move from 3 to 10 and now 17 shows recording at one time with their solution while I struggle with getting 2 shows to record and watching one. 

When is Verizon going to get with the program and upgrade services to catch up with the competition or should I be looking to return to XFINITY?

0 Likes
Re: When is Verizon going to improve DVR recording options
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Verizon VMS is rolling out in some markets and it can record 12 shows at once.

0 Likes
mgarczynski1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some markets?  Wow, that's pretty poor response considering they are behind the competition dramatically. 

Is there a published timeline for when different areas are to be completed? 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@mgarczynski wrote:

Some markets?  Wow, that's pretty poor response considering they are behind the competition dramatically. 

Is there a published timeline for when different areas are to be completed? 

Verizon almost always rolls out new products grandually so that their tech support and installation people can handle any unexpected volume of problems. Really the right way to do things IMO.

No, there is no published timeline. However, if you simply go to the Verizon At Home blog you will find posts there identifying where and when the VMS is made available. However, at times Verizon will only make a product available in certain zip codes within a general area (usually a VHO); for example, in my case it was available in my zip a couple of weeks after first being available here in North Texas so I could not get it right away. You can also go to the VMS topic in the FiOS TV Technical Assistance Forum here and read some details about the installation, and get additional information on where it is available. There are also a couple of very long threads on VMS on the DSLReports FiOS TV forum. So there is quite a bit of information out there, you just have to look around a little bit. I suspect if you Google "verizon fios vms" you will find lots more stuff.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)