When will I be able to record more than 2 channels on DVR?
grnlantern
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know if Verizon is planning to up their game in the DVR space akin to AT&T U-Verse which allows four channels streams?  I really miss being able to watch regular TV while I'm recording two shows.   Not to mention the low amount of DVR space...only 20 hours of HD or 80 hours of SD????    I really miss U-Verse.

Re: When will I be able to record more than 2 channels on DVR?
prisaz
Legend

I might even go back to a Verizon DVR if they did that. Right now I have a Tivo and have been looking at the Ceton 4 tuner card for a PC. Verizon would need to improve the guide to really make 4 tuners and more space work. Something about a contract with FYI.

0 Likes
congogirl50

It Sure Would Be Nice To record More Than 2 Shows At A Time hello Verizon : 

Thanks The lady Who Pays Over $200.oo a Month

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

hopefully it's coming sooner than we think!

Here's a link to the press release and video.

The VMS1100 is the centerpiece of a new Motorola Medios+ VMS platform that supports up to five IPC1100 clients on separate TVs. The bottom line: everyone in the house can watch what they want, at the same time.

The VMS1100 has one terabyte of internal storage so you don’t have to compete for space — that’s 100 hours of HD content or weeks of SD programming. The IPC1100 taps into all that goodness via coax, from a sleek box the size of a paperback novel.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also Engadget got their hands on the VMS and the IPC. The interesting bit the article mentions that I hadn't read anywhere yet was that two VMS can be used in the same home...

0 Likes
ansky201
Contributor - Level 1

"Not to mention the low amount of DVR space...only 20 hours of HD or 80 hours of SD????"

You can upgrade your DVR to the Motorola 7232 which holds about 80 hours of HD video.  I've been using it for over a year.  They may charge you a $40 fee to upgrade.

0 Likes
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

Currently I have the Verizon Ultimate HD TV package with (2) PDPs attached to a Motorola 7232-P2 HD DVR and a Motorola 7100-P2 HD Set-Top Box.

In order to upgrade to the VMS Media Server when available would I need to upgrade to a VMS1100 and a Motorola Medios+ IPC1100 IP-based set-top box?

I have approximately (6) months remaining on my contract with Verizon.

Any guess what the upgrade charges and monthly cost increase will be?

0 Likes
steeler1212
Enthusiast - Level 1

Curious about this conversation. You mean that more than 2 programs recording is now available from Verizon?? Have not heard that before and it is going to cost more per month to do so? Believe this capability is available from other cable companies at no extra cost?? Can anyone from the community or Verizon comment as this is a huge technological failing by Verizon.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

not yet available, it was unveiled at CES.  We are all waiting for it to come out.   

optivity
Contributor - Level 3

"An exact release date wasn’t something Verizon wanted to talk about, but it’s expected to roll out this year, and presumably it’ll be a staged rollout as we’ve seen in the past. The whole-home DVR is expected to be offered as a premium over the existing offering, but exactly how much more it’ll cost is unknown."

0 Likes