Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

When will I be able to record more than 2 channels on DVR?

optivity
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Re: When will I be able to record more than 2 channels on DVR?

Message 21 of 38
(2,856 Views)

Is it plausible that Verizon is intentionally delaying the implementation of these new devices for as long as possible so they don't have to invest in new equipment and continue to "milk" the revenue stream from their antiquated 2-tuner DVRs?

I'm glad my 2-year contract ends next month.

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 22 of 38
(2,819 Views)

@optivity wrote:

Is it plausible that Verizon is intentionally delaying the implementation of these new devices for as long as possible so they don't have to invest in new equipment and continue to "milk" the revenue stream from their antiquated 2-tuner DVRs?

I'm glad my 2-year contract ends next month.

The delays did NOT help Verizon.  All the development costs hurt them with no income comining in for it.

optivity
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Message 23 of 38
(2,801 Views)

Verizon can build a nation-wide fiber optic network and a wireless 4G LTE network, but they can't offer a DVR with more than (2) tuners???

Even Dish has "the Hopper!!!"

"The Hopper records and stores over 2,000 hours of your favorite movies and shows. With the Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR exclusively from DISH, you can record up to 6 shows at once and play them back from any room in your house."

armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 24 of 38
(2,785 Views)

@optivity wrote:

Is it plausible that Verizon is intentionally delaying the implementation of these new devices for as long as possible so they don't have to invest in new equipment and continue to "milk" the revenue stream from their antiquated 2-tuner DVRs? ...

Of course it's plausible.  Do you find it strange that a for-profit company does what it can to maximize profits?  While we're at it, is there something inherently evil about such behavior?

jumpin68ny
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 25 of 38
(2,771 Views)

It's not evil.  That's why there is competition.  People have choices!!!

armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Duplicate Post - Please Remove

Message 26 of 38
(2,760 Views)
Duplicate Post - Please Remove
optivity
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Message 27 of 38
(2,752 Views)

"Of course it's plausible.  Do you find it strange that a for-profit company does what it can to maximize profits?  While we're at it, is there something inherently evil about such behavior?"

From my perspective, as a customer of Verizon, for the $300(+) per month expenditure to receive FiOS/Wireless service I feel somewhat entitled to voice my objections when the perception is their product offerings are falling short of the competition.

In order to maximize profits make it possible to purchase or lease a (6) tuner DVR with one terabyte of storage, provide the opportunity to subscribe to The Blaze TV and I will continue to spend a significant amount of my discretionary income with Verizon instead of their competition.

armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 28 of 38
(2,736 Views)

@optivity wrote:

... make it possible to purchase or lease a (6) tuner DVR with one terabyte of storage, provide the opportunity to subscribe to The Blaze TV and I will continue to spend a significant amount of my discretionary income with Verizon ...

Is there an obvious relationship between hardware functionality (DVR tuners), and right-wing TV programming, that I'm missing?  Please elaborate.

optivity
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Message 29 of 38
(2,437 Views)

Do you think Verizon will announce the release date of their long awaited VMS1100 media server and IPC1100 set-top box during CES 2014?

http://www.cesweb.org/

Exhibitor Details

2014 International CES®

Verizon

View Booth on Floor Plan:
Venetian, Lvl 2 - Bellini 2001A
Venetian, Lvl 3 - San Polo 3401A, San Polo 3401B, San Polo 3402, San Polo 3403, San Polo 3404, San Polo 3405, San Polo 3406, San Polo 3501A, San Polo 3501B, San Polo 3502, San Polo 3503, San Polo 3504, San Polo 3505, San Polo 3506
One Verizon Way
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
P: 908-559-8356
F: 914 644 4198

celticpride
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 30 of 38
(2,424 Views)

If your tired of waitinf for verizons media player tivo now has a new 4 tuner basic dvr with OTA,and 2 new 6 tuner cable only DVRS called roamio.they all work with fios!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title