Re: Why are we now being charged to see "On Demand" episodes?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

normally the last 4-5 shows are available for free. 

Let's go back to the example of Arrow.

Search for it TWO ways

Do a normal search for arrow, you'll probably be presented with rent buy options, because customers want that.  some want to buy it.

Now instead of doing a search, navigate to the CW folder, and see if it's in there, and if it's for rent or buy.   you should find it in that folder for free.

0 Likes
EerilyIncognito
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's it?  And I do not know any individuals who would want to buy an episode of Arrow [or any show for that matter] from their TV provider.  It makes a lot more sense to buy the DVD or a digital copy online because you won't lose those like you would if you ever swtich providers.

TBH I am just wondering if I'll be stuck paying more money to Verizon if I just want to watch a show that is a few seasons in.  For example, I did not start watching Game of Thrones until it was 3 seasons in.  IF Comcast had charged me even though I was subscribed to HBO, I would have explored other options...now while not all episodes were on demand on their STB,  all of season 3 was for free and the rest I was able to watch on demand on the HBOGO app.  And eventually, Comcast did make all 3 seasons available to watch shortly before season 4 started.  At no point did I ever have to pay an extra penny to watch past episodes of this show or others.

I just do not understand why Verizon charges so much for their OD content when Comcast and other providers offer those same programs for free. 

0 Likes
Pdz7778
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well, you do now. Me. I didn't even know the show existed until halfway through season 2. I stumbled across season 1 on Netflix. Then before I started watching current episodes I also wanted to watch the first few of season 2. There was no CW. on Demand and the CW app was missing a few from the beginning of the second season. I think it was maybe 7 episodes in and the app had like the last 3 available so I went ahead and bought the ones for season 2 to get caught up. It was no big deal and I wasn't mad about it. Verizon can't offer for free what it has no access to.
0 Likes
JimboC123
THIS worked to get it free. Thanks!
0 Likes
Baracuda1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry RoadDog but you are wrong, YOU have to pay $8 with limited interruption on wha tyouare viewing ot $12 for no interuption. THEIR IS NO FREE HULU for a few months now.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes