1.6.1 audio issue
Techman28
Master - Level 1

for those who still have this issue and for those who have had the issue resolved please post the model info of your TV / and/or A/V receiver.

we need to determine the affected equipment
Message Edited by Techman28 on 01-23-2009 02:22 PM
0 Likes
Re: 1.6.1 audio issue
Humble
Enthusiast - Level 3
The problem seems to be resolved.  Sony 32XBR1 television and HT-CT100 Sony soundbar/receiver.  I reset my HDMI settings and so far, so good.
0 Likes
chalewa4bambu
Enthusiast - Level 3
are we talking about the a/v sync issues?
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

basically tell us what your setup is if you got the 1.6.1 update and have lost your audio. Most of you have it resolved so please see my top post for additional info we need to determine the root cause

0 Likes
freeridehero

I thought my issue had fixed itself but it is back.  My DVR is a 7216, tv is Samsung 46a650 and the receiver is a Yamaha HTR-5760. Only the optical audio to the receiver is the problem.  HDMI to the TV works fine, although I don't use that audio.

Kris

Message Edited by freeridehero on 01-27-2009 09:06 AM
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
Try going to menu - settings - audio Select Mono...Then select surround and see if it comes back
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Freeridehero,

what do you experience with listening to the sound through it.....Is it studdering, scratchy, no audio, all channels or specific channels...

let me know thanks 🙂

0 Likes
freeridehero
I would say it's stuttering, almost like a CD skipping.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  It was working fine for several days and then yesterday I turn on the STB and it had the problem.  I've unplugged the optical audio and am using the LR option.  I'll check it tonight and see what happens.
0 Likes
audio issue
Robert145

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-46XBR6 HDTV and a matching Sony Bravia Surround System. Everything is HDMI.

The sound from programs frequenty drops in and out. I did a firmware upgrade on the TV which was posted

on the Sony site.

I too get the audio lag.
Message Edited by Robert145 on 02-04-2009 04:32 AM
0 Likes
Humble
Enthusiast - Level 3

VOH13 

Sony 32XBR1

Sony HT-CT100 Soundbar/Receiver with 3 HDMI's and no component inputs

Problems with audio and video after 1.6.1 kept coming back.   I switched to component cables and optical audio about five days ago and have not had a single problem other than the picture is now somewhat softer than it was with HDMI and of course I now look at more cables hanging out the back.

0 Likes