Re: 1.6.1 audio issue
mmoris5820
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm getting intermittant audio drop out every so often, but only for a second or two.  It does seem to be happening more and more often on mine.  I guess it's a new feature of the latest frimware.

0 Likes
PYinNY

has anyone received or know of a fix?  where do i check and see if i have 1.6.1 or 1.6.2? 

i have a sony bravia with HDMI link to QIP6416. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

You have 1.6.2, all users now have that as far as I know. But you can easily check:

Menu ==> Settings ==> System Information ==> Release:

As to a fix, from what I have read it appears that there probably will not be a 1.6.3 but 1.7 will be the next release, and presumably a fix for the problem will be included in that. I have no idea when, I have seen some speculation on another forum of maybe late summer 2009. Your guess is as good as mine, maybe better....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
LizJ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I'm having this problem now too. I'm watching MTVU now, and the audio is dropping for a second and then coming back. Not even an HD channel!

Message Edited by LizJ on 07-17-2009 08:50 PM
0 Likes
KevKaos
I have the same sort of problem as Robert145.  I have a Sony Bravia KDL-52V4100 connected to the cable box via HDMI cable.  I tend to lost my sound at times. Mainly on HD channels. Sound starts to skip or clip much like a CD skipping, then it goes out completely for a short period of time (maybe 30 secs) and then it comes back, skipping and clipping like before it went out.  Not sure what version I have on my FIOS DVR box.
0 Likes
KevKaos
Last time I spoke to techs, they said they did not have a date for the latest update, but think it may be Sept/Oct timeframe of 2009.
0 Likes
DandyDon
I've learned that broadcasters set different audio levels, and providers just pass them on to us.  So we live with audio levels that shift on each channel we watch.  Of course, commercials suddenly get very loud.  However, I believe the DVR and settop boxes have volatile memory, and I demo'd it to a tech.  If you go through the Settings, selecting Audio, etc, as soon as you get to Dynamic Range, without selecting anything, the TV volume goes up and stays louder on all channels, until AC power in home fluctuates or goes out.  Then, you must repeat this ordeal.  I've experienced this many times, on different DVRs and settop boxes.  Motorola should use non-volatile memory!
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@DandyDon wrote:
I've learned that broadcasters set different audio levels, and providers just pass them on to us.  So we live with audio levels that shift on each channel we watch.  Of course, commercials suddenly get very loud.  However, I believe the DVR and settop boxes have volatile memory, and I demo'd it to a tech.  If you go through the Settings, selecting Audio, etc, as soon as you get to Dynamic Range, without selecting anything, the TV volume goes up and stays louder on all channels, until AC power in home fluctuates or goes out.  Then, you must repeat this ordeal.  I've experienced this many times, on different DVRs and settop boxes.  Motorola should use non-volatile memory!

Actually, they do use NV memory.  The problem is that when the STB re-boots it doesn't reset to what is in the NV RAM (at least for the audio compression setting).  I have my audio compression set to "LIGHT" yet on a re-boot it reverts to "HEAVY" unless I cycle through the compression setting (it shows "LIGHT" checked and without making any changes the output compression is back to "LIGHT").  This is a bug in the IMG software and not a shortcoming of the Moto box (although it has many others Smiley Wink ) as other things like series settings, video resolution, favorites, parental controls, etc. do retain their settings.

0 Likes
DandyDon
Thanks!
0 Likes
KevKaos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've learned that broadcasters set different audio levels, and providers just pass them on to us.  So we live with audio levels that shift on each channel we watch.  Of course, commercials suddenly get very loud.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This may not be helpful to you, but perhaps someone else. A lot of TV these days have a built in feature that many do not know about. The "level sound" feature.  I don't normally use it, but it seems to work, and I wonder if that would help others that are looking for a more basic fix or if this audio issue sorta blows this outta the water?

0 Likes