Re: 1.6.2 remaining schedule
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Today's update has been postponed until Thursday 4/2
0 Likes
downfall21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does that mean that the Pittsburgh update scheduled for 04/07/09 is also going to be postponed?

If so I am cancelling. I am tired of unplugging the DVR every couple of hours....

0 Likes
sjbernst1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@downfall21 wrote:

Does that mean that the Pittsburgh update scheduled for 04/07/09 is also going to be postponed?

If so I am cancelling. I am tired of unplugging the DVR every couple of hours....

I find it extremely difficult to believe that you would terminate your FiOS service over a two day delay.  After all, we all have been waiting patiently (some of us more patiently than others) for 5 months.  What is a mere two more days?  Nobody said two months or two weeks; just two days!  The FiOS PQ is the best in the industry.  The SD PQ will be returned to near HD quality with IMG 1.6.2.  Have a little faith and patience.

Now I know what is meant by the expression, "cutting off your nose in order to spite your face".

Anyone who would cancel FiOS for the opportunity to return to cable or satellite has got to be a masochist!

Message Edited by sjbernst on 03-31-2009 06:48 PM
0 Likes
downfall21
Enthusiast - Level 2

@sjbernst wrote:

@downfall21 wrote:

I find it extremely difficult to believe that you would terminate your FiOS service over a two day delay.  After all, we all have been waiting patiently (some of us more patiently than others) for 5 months.  What is a mere two more days?  Nobody said two months or two weeks; just two days!  The FiOS PQ is the best in the industry.  The SD PQ will be returned to near HD quality with IMG 1.6.2.  Have a little faith and patience.

Now I know what is meant by the expression, "cutting off your nose in order to spite your face".

Anyone who would cancel FiOS for the opportunity to return to cable or satellite has got to be a masochist!

Message Edited by sjbernst on 03-31-2009 06:48 PM

This is not the only reason. I have had nothing but issues. I have a post about it here on the forums. This update still is not going to fix the issue with turning off the tv every time I want to change channels.

0 Likes
Noam
Enthusiast - Level 3

@matcarl wrote:
Today's update has been postponed until Thursday 4/2

What time are the updates deployed? I would think the middle of the night would be best, as the fewest number of people would be disrupted.

If the DVR is on, will it turn itself back on after the update is installed, and it reboots?

If it is recording, will it wait to instlal the update and reboot after the recording is finished?

0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

Noam-

Usually occurs between 2-4am.

0 Likes
fldgoal
Am I understanding that Richmond, Va will get the 1.6.2 update by April 2nd? I currently have 1.6.0. Thanks
0 Likes
J-Scott

I've been waiting for a year to get decent PQ on the SD channels.  Have I been patient enough?  My first formal complaint on this issue resulted in ticket number MDDQ020BB8 and a service visit on 4/21/2008.   The tech acknowledged the PQ on the SD channels and on SD VOD was much better from an SD STB hooked up to the SAME TV, as opposed to the HD STB.   Honest!    At least in October/November 2008 we got beau coup HD channels.  Before that it REALLY sucked.    Come on Verizon.  No more delays.  Push the **bleep** update out to VHO4.   One year and over $2400 later, I think I have a right to lose my patience. 

0 Likes
MacMDB
I'm in richmond, Va and we got the update overnight!
0 Likes
Noam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Silver Spring, MD received the update overnight, as well.

Maybe it was just my eyes early this morning, but it looked to me like the picture quality on the SD channels was WORSE, not better!

Also, does anyone know what the "Settings option under "Television--> Modes--> Enable/Disable" does?

Message Edited by Noam on 04-02-2009 05:04 AM
0 Likes