Re: 1.6.2 update
matcarl
Master - Level 1
For what it's worth, just post any new info at the end, no one will go back to the first post, since you had to write that you updated anyway, you might as well just put the update there.
0 Likes
vik
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received the 1.6.2 update in Jersey City area in NJ.  Major improvement in SD PQ on my sony kdl40xbr2 with 6216 on HDMI, but not as good as comcast, even when the override is set to 480p.  But its decent, my daughter can finally watch Dora on Nick Jr. OD without straining her eyes

Also what happened to the 3 channel mini guide. Now its only channel.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
I know, the mini guide is totally useless now with only one channel.
0 Likes
DonDeignan

Just received this update yesterday.  Tried 2 Multiroom DVR programs I recorded on two different satellite TV's and No hub problem or fast forwarding problem.  Hope it continues.

Don

East Hanover

Morris County, NJ

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@matcarl wrote:
I know, the mini guide is totally useless now with only one channel.

But I bet Verizon changed it because people complained that the 3 channels were covering up too much of the picture. I too liked having three channels visible, but I think most who objected to it said that having the channel above and the channel below was useless because they usually weren't looking for content on either of those channels.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
billymets
Enthusiast - Level 3
ok I have installed complete. The SD Picture still with the 1.6.0 in NYC is slightly improved from last time on the HD Set. Still waiting for the upgrade on 3/24 in Staten Island. I have all channels set to 1080 with the SD Override off. Id rather not watch the stretch and settings to 480 I or 480 P make things worse. I have the 7100 HD boxes, last time I had either the 6200 or 6416, whichever one is not the DVR.  MSG, MSG Plus, ESPN News, URGE Radio, Weather Channel, Broadcast Stations , Weather Scan Local have much improved since I last had FIOS in the Summer 2008. URGE Audio is still low. See what happens and how things look on 3/24 when staten island gets the upgrade. Live Knicks on MSG will be the first test for me tonight in Detroit. It was kind of nice seeing MSG on ESPN HD for the Big East, hopefully well see the Rangers and Knicks there soon in HD.
0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW, does anybody know when the "unofficial" (hint, hint..) release date for VO2 and 1.6.2 is?Smiley Wink

I'm just curious how long I have to suffer from the 7/8 sec. recording and "Currently Unavailable" on my 1.6.0-software..

0 Likes
jetpeak
Enthusiast - Level 3
       Has the 1.6.2 update been rolled out yet in the area of VHO 6 Burlington, Ma. yet ?  anyone hear of any schedule changes for this area?
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Not yet, by the end of the month
0 Likes
Roscoe18
I kind of assumed I had 1.6.1, but I just checked and I'm 1.6.0.  Does that mean when 1.6.2 comes out that I'll just get that?  I'm in Farmingdale (Long Island), NY.  I read above that it's tentatively scheduled for 3/24, right?  I have the 7/8 second DVR problem and the "currently unavailable" problem on occasion, so I'm really hoping the next update fixes it.
0 Likes