Re: 1.6.2
prisaz
Legend

@vinnyv07 wrote:

I live in Staten Island, NY and I just wanted to report that I am very happy with the 1.6.2 fix. I was concerned that the "HUB" error would never be resolved. After watching many shows in my bedroom I can say that the problem no longer exsists. Just resolving that problem is a huge upgrade in my eyes. Another thing I did notice on my HD set in my main room was that the SD ch's have improved a great deal. The SD ch's always were pretty good on my garbage sets, but on my HD tv they were very blurry. Now I noticed a sharper detail to all the Sd ch's. I still don't watch them....HD is all I am worried about. Thanks Verizon.

NOW PLEASE WORK ON THE GUIDE!!

Glad to hear of your results. I have not used the remote DVR features so I never had the issue. Wondering what set top box you are using with the SD results.
0 Likes
jetpeak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi all  well the  verizon techs came to my home  today and switched my stb from 6416 to 7416 i did notice some improvement on my std pic quality . i now have option of  both hdmi  and component cables hooked up and can interchange for picture prefernce Component gives a  little more  grainy picture vs. hdmi at least on my sony bravia. i choose hdmi with hd setting to 1080i and sd over ride set to off. It works for me . the std overide setting 480i is also ok  but i prefer off.I guess it boils down to personal  preference.but the techs were very helpful and were anxious to see results for this last update and 7416 box. also both techs  have sony bravia tv,s in their homes.I did notice a slight delay in sound when changing channels maybe a second or two but that wasnt an issue with me .At least now std def channels are viewable. so it seems that the 1.6.2 fix didnot improve 6416 stb  but did improve in the7416 stb . Hope this post is helpful to you  .

0 Likes
jetpeak
Enthusiast - Level 3
hi  just realized  in my last post i said 7416stb     sorry  i meant to say 7216stb.
0 Likes
downfall21
Enthusiast - Level 2

We got the update at 2:30am this morning. When it was done it left me with audio and no video on two STB's. Now if only I can get a discount since I am only receiving the audio.Smiley Indifferent

0 Likes
jrcubfan
I received the 1.6.2 upgrade last month and still looking for the SD picture quality to improve.  I'm in Southeast Pa.  The 2 worst channels are CBS Channel 3 and Comcast Sportsnet Channel 76.  A week ago, the Sixers were on Comcast Channel 76 and ESPN Channel 70.   The difference in picture quality was quite noticeable.  ESPN was crystal clear in SD, Comcast was off color and blurry by comparison.  I was told once it could be the feed being provided.  So I ask why Verizon doesn't do something about the feed?  If it's the feed, could Comcast be doing this on purpose in hopes Verizon customers become disenchanted with FIOS and switch back to Comcast? 
0 Likes
WhenenRome
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, everyone! I often check out this forum as a resource, but this is my first post here... 

We got the 1.6.2 update here in the LA area this morning. Most of our TV's (including HD ones) are working well with the update.... except for the one that counts most: The Family Room.

It gives an error message of "HDMI audio unavailable" - and of course, now has NO sound. I checked the HDMI connections, shut off power to everything for 30 seconds & turned back on, and still.... no sound since updating to 1.6.2.

It's an HP 50-inch 720p/1080i plasma, by the way. The STP is a Fios HD/DVR 6416-2. Any ideas?

Message Edited by WhenenRome on 04-14-2009 09:02 AM
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1

WheninRome... no idea.

I have a 6416-2 DVR hooked up to a Sony 55" rear-projection LCD HDTV via HDMI.  No issues with audio with latest 1.6.2 firmware.

0 Likes
scheuerman61
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish we would get a warning when an new build was coming.  Just got mine (build 08.58) and I thought my recievers were fried for 30 minutes.  First an error code that looked like E609.  Then a DL or D1 with a running cursor.  Finally an FP appeared.  I reset the router twice and eventually reset.

Even now, there is no timestamp in the System Information to validate the build was actually the issue.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@scheuerman61 wrote:

I wish we would get a warning when an new build was coming.  Just got mine (build 08.58) and I thought my recievers were fried for 30 minutes.  First an error code that looked like E609.  Then a DL or D1 with a running cursor.  Finally an FP appeared.  I reset the router twice and eventually reset.

Even now, there is no timestamp in the System Information to validate the build was actually the issue.

You didn't have a message on each of your STBs? I did, it told me the update was coming, you might want to check and see, even after the fact.

As far as I know, Verizon has never identified a build by date, just a level and a build number.

Works for me.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
babyeggo
I have same problem, it must be something with the firmware messing up things that communicate with hp tv's mine is an hp PL4260N connected with HDMI, never had problems before update, been with verizon for 3yrs. Let me know if you find a fix.
0 Likes