Re: 1.6.2
chinorider
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received the 1.6.2 update in So. Cal on 4/14 as scheduled.  I am now getting a 2-3 second loss of audio and video when watching HD programs. This happens randomly about once every 2 hours.  I have reset the STB with the same results.  Anybody else have this 'feature'  ????

0 Likes
CRead
Enthusiast - Level 2

@chinorider wrote:

I received the 1.6.2 update in So. Cal on 4/14 as scheduled.  I am now getting a 2-3 second loss of audio and video when watching HD programs. This happens randomly about once every 2 hours.  I have reset the STB with the same results.  Anybody else have this 'feature'  ????

Yup. Not regular (like every two hours) more random, and it is just with the video streams (HDMI...)  Since My TV uses the HDMI, I loose sound too.  But if I am using my stereo (SPDIF Optical) then the audio is OK.  It is an output issue only (some others have reported this as well, at least on other forums).  If you hit rewind you will see what you were missing.

0 Likes
Wanderer69

@chinorider wrote:

I have noticed this since the upgrade, too. In addition, on my QIP2500 box, when I change channels, the info box appears for a split second with the correct info, then reverts to the info from the previous channel, which remains for about three seconds before going back to the info for the new channel. 
0 Likes
Luigi

Me too (Southern Calif update to 1.6.2 on 4/14/09); same problem (loss of signal for 2-3 seconds) but not as frequently as every 2 hours.  Also tonight, I was watching a recording (on a 7216) and pressed the "stop" botton; lost hdmi connectivety for about one minute after which the signal returned with the appropriate screen image from the 'stop' command.  The stb indicated it was 'on' (and recording another program) while there was no video or audio at the monitor or A/V receiver during the one minute outage.

But so far, for the first 3 days at least, I haven't been getting my 8 second recorded programs as under 1.6.0!

Louis

0 Likes
jonberj

WheninRome and babyeggo,

I had the same problem of no audio over HDMI after the update.  To make a long story short, the fourth replacement STB the Verizon tech  tried fixed the problem.

Good luck!

0 Likes