1.9.5 Software Bugs
Neil64
Enthusiast - Level 2

1.9.5, build 17.17 was applied to my box this morning.  I now have the following software bugs.

Some programs are missing program information such as an episode of Homeland on Showtime 865 9:00pm 12/10.  I had previously recorded this episode and remmber seeing episode info.

Earlier today, stoping a DVR recorded show resulted in going to live TV vs. the program menu to resume, play from the start, delete, save.  This seems to be working now.

Under manage series recordings, many of my series now show up as manual series vs. having their correct tiltle.  The tilte appears if you go to that manual series.

A new feature to undelete shows seems to work and is much appreciated.

Bottom line Verizon, your newest DVR software pales in comparison to my 2001 Sony TiVo.  The Tivo is faster, more user firendly, much more reliable and does more and was built in 2001.  Yes, a 12 year old machine and it's software is better than your current high end box. 

You should fire whoever tests your software.  There are no reason to have these kinds of software bugs.

Re: 1.9.5 Software Bugs
Corvid1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a very similar problem with the software upgrade which affects my DVR info.  I too have "Manual Series" listed under the "Manage Series Recordings" section of my DVR for about 10 of the tv shows that I have tagged to be recorded weekly.  In addition, I have lost the ability to actually manage these series in that I cannot change the priority order of their recording preference. 

I've tried twice to report this problem to VERIZON's technical support staff, but met with indifference in the first attempt (a guy recommended that I replace my DVR with a new one - an utterly ridiculous suggestion), and in my second attempt I got a somewhat helpful lady who couldn't correct this glitch and was unaware of others having same problem but promised to send it up the flagpole to higher level tech folks (best action that I realistically could get). 

As I told VERIZON's techies, I likely was not the only customer experiencing this same problem - and your posting confirmed my hunch.  I agree, VERIZON leaves a lot to be desired in the pre-testing of their software "upgrades".

Neil64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also discovered that Verizon removed recording history although they have history which I beleive it is supposed to the same.  The new version does not list some of the shows that the DVR did record.

0 Likes
Neil64
Enthusiast - Level 2

How is it no one from Versizon has repsonded in more than 24 hours?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

This is a peer to peer support forum and is not monitored by Verizon.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@ElizabethS wrote:

This is a peer to peer support forum and is not monitored by Verizon.  {bold added for emphasis}

Well that's not exactly true is it?  Support cases have been opened for numerous issues in other threads.  Or am I confused?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello PJL

The forum is not monitored by employees who answer technical questions.  Account and other issues may be escalated by moderators where warranted.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@ElizabethS wrote:

Hello PJL

The forum is not monitored by employees who answer technical questions.  Account and other issues may be escalated by moderators where warranted.

So bugs reported against a software upgrade don't warrant escalation?  I'm trying to understand your process.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Technical assistance cannot be found on the forum. You need to contact Verizon services directly.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Bugs and a 2 tuner DVR with no word on VMS.... hhhmmmm

Might be time to consider switching

0 Likes