Re: 1.9.5 Software Bugs
Neil64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told by Able, a supervisor tier 3 in the Dallas FSC that saofware bugs are not a techinal issue but rather are enhancement issues and should be posted in the enhancement rerquests.  Again I escalated the issue to a supervisor.   And now the only place to report software bugs is a peer to peer forum?

Ever wonder why Verizon and several other companies are doomed?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Smiley Very HappyTrue bugs are reportable.

But some things (even when clearly unintentional changes) have always been treated by the software industry as "features", requiring a request for change.  Only is treated differently if the software team itself hates the new Robot Mad"feature".

0 Likes
Neil64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spoke with another supervisor at Verizon customer service.  He was much more technical and offered a replacement box as a fix.  He says that customer service reps code their notes so that Verizxon knows what issues are being reported. 

Long story short, he was not too concerned with my displeasure of the software bugs or new features as software developers like to call them.  He just totes the Verizon mantra, if you don't like it too bad.

Has anyone else noticed history doesn't show you all history?  I have many shows that recorded fine that don't show up in history.

I still have many manual series that are hard to change priortiy on because you don't see the series true title.

Tired of seeing ads when I push certain buttons.  I pay more then enough not be solicited to.

0 Likes
mtairygirl

Having the same problems.  Seriously considering breaking contract and going back to Direct TV  where I never had a problem.  Or may be TIVO, I miss it so.  Verizon's DVR is an antique.

0 Likes
BAnslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

..another bug is the DVR no longer honors the number of recordings in a series to keep, default is 5.

The other day I found that a couple of daily programs had kept 21 copies, limit was set to 5.

I reported it and was, of course, offered a replacement DVR!!!

0 Likes