1 Hour Time Shift Problem - Repeatedly
ORHelo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We continue to have this problem about every 3 weeks or so; we will turn on the TV and Fios is showing a show that is 1 hour old.  Yesterday, it did it again during the day.  Reset the box.  Then in the evening, we were watching recorded shows, it ends and as it switches back to the TV, the show is 1 hour behind.  We have changed boxes for this issue, and the last time the supervisor of the tech said she guaranteed this would not happen again: proven wrong.  I see previous posts about this with no clear resolution.  What could this be?  Getting tired of resetting/rebooting the DVR box.  

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 1 Hour Time Shift Problem - Repeatedly
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hitting the Fios TV button on your remote will also instantly catch you up.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have?

Do you have more than one?

If so, does it happen on all or just the one?

One Hour Behind on broadcast tv
ORHelo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This continues... sporadically we turn on the fios to watch broadcast TV - often the news, sometimes this happens in morning, and the show is one hour behind.  We have to fast forward to catch up.   Anyone have any ideas?  I know this is not a new problem.

This has been happening to us over the last 4-5 years.  During that time I have moved from Chesapeake VA to the DC area - so changed areas.  Have had 3 different DVR boxes.  It has happened to all of them.

The DVR box shows the correct time, so That goes against the time shift problem.

I will reboot the DVR box, and the problem subsides for a while.. could be a week, could be a month... no pattern emerges.

What is constant is that it is on broadcast TV.  NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX.   

Any ideas? 

0 Likes
bigcookieday_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just encountered this problem and figured out a work around. When you stay tuned to a channel, you are able to rewind what is showing from the point you started for up to an hour. The one-hour leeway is maintained as long as you stay on that channel. This will also be true for the last channel you watched also. But when you tune in to a channel other than the last two, it will start playing real-time until your one hour differential builds. So when my primary channel froze up at an hour past, I changed the channel to two different stations for a few minutes, thus pushing the primary channel back to third place. When I returned, the primary channel was reset to real time. Hope this helps!

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hitting the Fios TV button on your remote will also instantly catch you up.

Sparky508
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did not help me. 

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes