7216 set top box noise
fasteddy2
Enthusiast - Level 1

My set top box sounds like its racing.  I don't know if the disk drive or the fan is the source of the problem.  Anyone else have this problem?  I'm going to return the box for another one.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 7216 set top box noise
oattili
Enthusiast - Level 2
The STB should not be making any loud or unusual noises. If so, I suggest get it replaced.

View solution in original post

oattili
Enthusiast - Level 2
The STB should not be making any loud or unusual noises. If so, I suggest get it replaced.
lightfoot2

I had this problem too and am on my 2nd box now with the same problem. One trick that was post in a different chain and worked temporarily is to change the LED Brightnes to Low. That seemed to have worked for about a month then there was a software update, and now the noise is back. Tech support says there's a new box I could get, but it will cost $40 fee to get the 7232. I'm going to go for the 7216 one more time, but if the noise comes back I'm going to demand the 7232 without the fee.

0 Likes
CMHansen3

I recently agreed to "upgrade" my old DVRs (Motorola 6416) to the new Motorola 7216. Almost immediately, the fan in the new DVRs ran on high. I unplugged and replugged the units and even checked early the following morning after the set had been off all night - the DVR fan ran on high all the time and was very noisy. I even tried setting the LED light to "low" as a post I had read here suggested. Nothing worked. I contacted Verizon FiOS technical support this morning and they wanted to send me new replacement 7216s. Given all the problems with fan noise I had read here on the forums, I just said "No Thanks" -- I'll return the new 7216s and just reinstall the 6416s.

0 Likes