7232 DVR Does Not Work
translator2
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPDATE:

Received new box seconds after sending this message (fast service Verizion 🙂 ).

The new box seems to be fucntioning as it should.

I will leave this message here so that others who may be experiencing similar anomalies after repeated reactiviations, will know that they have a defective box and should request a replacement.

-----------------------------------

We received the new DVR in the mail. At first everything went well.

However, after about 30 minutes, the device reset itself and there was no longer any ability to record (no record option, no series manager). The box was behaving like a regular set-top box (when you hit the red record button, it said that "unable to schedule reminder timer".)

Tried all of the reset/reactivate/fix options on the box numerous times and Verzion customer service also reset, reinitiated, rebooted, reactivate the box numerous times. In total, the DVR has been reset over 50 times! I have spend over seven hours of time trying to get this to work.

On the rare ocassions that the record options do reappear on the screen as soon as you try to record something, the box freezes, resets itself and the record options disappear again.

They have sent out a second box, but I wanted to get a jumpstart with ideas in case I have the same problem.

0 Likes
Re: 7232 DVR Does Not Work
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the update, translator2!

AnnieS

0 Likes