AAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh Verizon support hell AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
mark5866

I just spend close to 60 minutes (30 minutes on 2 calls) with verizon hell support.......

I am having gross pixillation on HBO and a couple of other channels. Verizon support says that they will not come over unless I agree to pay and they can ONLY give me one time window: 8am to 5pm.........

AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Is this hell?

Comcast can't be any worse....

PS They rebooted my set top box THREE TIMES...how many times do they have do the same thing before they understand that there is a problem??

I offerred to take a video of the channel (HBO) and email it to them to show them how bad it is...

0 Likes
Re: AAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh Verizon support hell AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
PJF310
Enthusiast - Level 2

@mark5866 wrote:

I just spend close to 60 minutes (30 minutes on 2 calls) with verizon hell support.......

I am having gross pixillation on HBO and a couple of other channels. Verizon support says that they will not come over unless I agree to pay and they can ONLY give me one time window 8am to 5pm.........

AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Is this hell?

Comcast can't be any worse....

PS They rebooted my set top box THREE TIMES...how many times do they have do the same thing before they understand that there is a problem??

I offerred to take a video of the channel (HBO) and email it to them to show them how bad it is...

They want to charge for a service call? Thats the most absurd thing I've ever heard with Fios. I know they want to charge to ship equip to you but pay for them to show.. WOW

I recently had a 70 minute phone convo about a billing issue that got me no where. I supervisor told me to call some # then option 4 then 2. I did and it was option to cancel service. I swear Verizon "hell support" as you put is reaching an all time low.

For your issue, I would post up what SNR info is on that channel and if you can catch that while pixelation is happening even better. I'm sure someone on here will ask you for that.

Also, check the copper coax tip going into STB, look for any chips/dings. One of things tech found on my forever still happening pixelation is one of them had a chip in it

0 Likes
mark5866

They insisted that it would probably be due to my fault or my equipment or my wiring and that they would have to charge me....

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Verizon only bills you if the issue is with your wiring. If it is the STB or ONT they will fix it for free.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

So follow the hint check out your wiring, splitters etc first.

mark5866

I'm not a techie and do not know how to do that.

My fios bill is $249 PER MONTH.

Can't they figure it out without driving me CRAZY????????

Do I get any customer service for $3,000 per year???????

(I don't call what I got customer SERVICE - it is more aptly named customer AGGRAVATION.)

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have more than 1 TV?

If so, does it happen on all or just the one?

If just the one, then check the coax connection at the back of that TV.

If it is all TVs, then check connection at the ONT and at the first splitter.

Verizon is repsonsible for equipment but not the wiring.

No different than your electrical service.

If you have an outlet that is bad, you woul;dn't expect the electric company to come out and fix the wires in your house.

0 Likes