ABC-HD VOD pixellation makes it unwatchable! Why?
nuttyirishman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know this must have been addressed before somewhere in these forums, but I must ask WHY is ABC-HD VOD unwatchable?   Every show has major pixellation breakups and then the message that it isn't working.    This is unacceptable.  Has there been a plausible explanation?   ABC has some of THE most popular shows on TV,  and should be avaiable to us in HD on VOD.     We actually had to watch a recent Grey's Anantomy in SD VOD. It was hard to focus on the screen!  (I know, we're spoiled watching HD, but come on FIOS!)

0 Likes
Re: ABC-HD VOD pixellation makes it unwatchable! Why?
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@nuttyirishman wrote:

I know this must have been addressed before somewhere in these forums, but I must ask WHY is ABC-HD VOD unwatchable?   Every show has major pixellation breakups and then the message that it isn't working.    This is unacceptable.  Has there been a plausible explanation?   ABC has some of THE most popular shows on TV,  and should be avaiable to us in HD on VOD.     We actually had to watch a recent Grey's Anantomy in SD VOD. It was hard to focus on the screen!  (I know, we're spoiled watching HD, but come on FIOS!)

nuttyirishman,

The VOD assets that were provided to us by ABC were defective.  We have taken them down and are in the process of having the assets re-encoded and should have them back up for your viewing pleasure shortly.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
Re: ABC-HD VOD pixellation makes it unwatchable! Why?
sabst79

Is that  why I didnt see ABC on demand the other day?  So it'll be back soon?

0 Likes