ABC in Spanish
OSUbuckeye1
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the last two Saturday nights, the college football game on ABC is broadcast in Spanish.  Not the commercials, just the broadcast. Every other station is okay.  I checked the language in settings and it is set to English including the audio. I reset the router and still have the same issue.  Friends with Fios do not have this problem.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ABC in Spanish
OSUbuckeye1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Everything was okay this past Saturday.  After rebooting several times from a Verizon agent to help fix the remote. All seems okay. Thanks to all who helped me by their responses.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@OSUbuckeye wrote:

For the last two Saturday nights, the college football game on ABC is broadcast in Spanish.  Not the commercials, just the broadcast. Every other station is okay.  I checked the language in settings and it is set to English including the audio. I reset the router and still have the same issue.  Friends with Fios do not have this problem.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

So you made sure this was set to English: Main Menu > Settings > System > Language. image

So do the first two steps pictured. Make sure Pref Audio Language is English and Descriptive Video Services is Off. Click OK then reboot the box.

OSUbuckeye1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks so much. I had done each of the steps that you suggested except for the DVS. I did that and rebooted. I guess I will have to wait under Saturday night to see if this works.

0 Likes
OSUbuckeye1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, I could  not get the  get BUI Main Menu.

0 Likes
Vita0321

What do I do if I am not comfortable doing these complicated diagnostics?  I held on for support for 35 minutes.  I need help!

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@OSUbuckeye wrote:

Also, I could  not get the  get BUI Main Menu.

Those instructions were for a 4100 box. Do you have an 1100? If so, you have to hit the power button on top of the box, press OK, then menu quickly on the remote to get to the service menu. The main menu comes up, no BUI menu.

OSUbuckeye1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I could not get this to work. Thank you anyway for your time.

0 Likes
OSUbuckeye1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Everything was okay this past Saturday.  After rebooting several times from a Verizon agent to help fix the remote. All seems okay. Thanks to all who helped me by their responses.

SpanishABC

I'm having the same issue only on Saturday night watching college football.  

0 Likes
SpanishABC

I'm having the same problem.  If your suggestion was correct why would there be commercials in english and at times hearing the announcers in english?

0 Likes