Abrupt jump to live TV at end of DVR recording
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

I am a new FIOS subscriber.  It seems that all I've done since installation is try to learn how to use it.  I'm spending much too much time reading the forums.  Reading all the horror stories makes me feel like a medical student reading about symptoms in textbooks.

Compared to others' problems, mine is very minor, but it's annoying and maybe some clever reader will be able to solve it:

When a DVR recording ends, the TV immediately jumps to whatever station the tuner was on.  There's no pause, and it can be very jarring, especially if I'm half-asleep.  Cablevision, for all its faults, had a better system: It would go to silence, with a screen asking what you wanted to do.  After quite a few minutes - maybe 10, it would begin to play the same DVR recording again.

I had the idea of keeping the channel on some pleasant music station, but the live channel that is reverted to seems to be the channel that the recording was made on.  So that would not work as a way to control what I hear when the recording ends.

This is especially annoying because one of the main reasons I use the DVR is to avoid being subjected to loud commercials.

This is the only message I could find on the forums that comes close to my problem,

A solution was suggested involving entering 4883 into System Information.  

Any ideas?  If there's no way to change this setting, would it be a good suggestion for the Verizon Idea Exchange?

0 Likes