Adding radio stations to Media Manager
rayman216
Enthusiast - Level 1

Media Manager team,

My neighbor is trying to add the Dove 105.5 Florida Easy Listening station into her Media Manager list but having the invalid URL message. I have tried to add various radio stations as well with the same error on all. Could they all have the same format that is not on the supported list? Radio Disney... Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Adding radio stations to Media Manager
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello,

Here is a link that may provide some assistance below.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Guide/Enhanced+TV/Media+Manager/126956.htm

If your station URL is invalid: Review the station URL to ensure it is accurate. If necessary, select More Info for tips on adding a station. You may want to verify that the URL works outside of Media Manager. Make any any necessary changes to the URL and select Next.
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@rayman216 wrote:

Media Manager team,

My neighbor is trying to add the Dove 105.5 Florida Easy Listening station into her Media Manager list but having the invalid URL message. I have tried to add various radio stations as well with the same error on all. Could they all have the same format that is not on the supported list? Radio Disney... Any suggestions?

WDUV and Radio Disney both use Adobe Flash Player for their streaming media stream (as do many other sites).  Per the Verizon Media Manager help:  "If the station plays live in a browser using either the Windows Media Player plug-in or the Adobe Flash Player then you won't be able to extract a valid URL."  So it has nothing to do with the "accuracy" of the URL (as suggested by Shamika_VZ) but rather they streaming type.

"Help" is your friend.

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
@PJL Thank you for the information that you provide. There could be a number of reasons why this is happening, copyrights, codecs, etc. If you are going to the actual site and there is a pop out player the majority of those are copyrighted, and use software that is not compatible with media manager. Evenn trying to embed this to play in media manager will not work. However this does not go for all radio stations.

I hope this answers your questions.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Shamika_VZ wrote:
@PJL Thank you for the information that you provide. There could be a number of reasons why this is happening, copyrights, codecs, etc. If you are going to the actual site and there is a pop out player the majority of those are copyrighted, and use software that is not compatible with media manager. Evenn trying to embed this to play in media manager will not work. However this does not go for all radio stations.

I hope this answers your questions.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

The only reason this was happening with the specific stations mentioned by the OP is because they use Flash player for streaming. 

0 Likes