After 1.6.2 update, I have hd picture but no sound, tv says hdmi audio unavailable
babyeggo
I have hd picture but no soundtv says hdmi audio unavailable , this happened right after update 1.6.2 my television is an HP PL4260N, I saw on other post in fixya.com other people with same problem after update too. Any ideas on fixing this? I already spent 2hrs with tech support trying to fix this and no luck, they had me use componentsSmiley Mad I never had any problems before this update, is there a way to go back to 1.6.1? One more thing my standard channels work fine (video & audio)
0 Likes
Re: After 1.6.2 update, I have hd picture but no sound, tv says hdmi audio unavailable
Northlaker1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here.

Anyone, anyone?

0 Likes
Re: After 1.6.2 update, I have hd picture but no sound, tv says hdmi audio unavailable
hatrick19
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem of no HDMI Audo on my HP PL4260N plasma.

I have been working with Verizon Tech Support for over a month with no luck. 

0 Likes
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1
You may need to revert to using component cables until they hammer out the issues with HDMI.  Just hang on to that HDMI cable for future use when these issues are resolved.  You will not see a degrade in picture quality with component cables.  Only downside is the added cabling mess.
0 Likes