An option on the Verizon FIOS set top box, not think every customer thought about.....
pauliodegr8

I was a Cablevision subscriber for over 15 years, maybe longer, but when I was in the process of trying to look for any way possible to lower my Con Edison Electric bill. I watch a lot of TV at night, I have to go to sleep with my TV on like most of us do! I was surprised to find out that not one of Verizon's FIOS STB do not have a SLEEP TIMER option!! I was stunned. Cablevision does! I mean regardless I will not jump ship b/c of this, but what a find if I was a Cablevision executive in advertising. These execs from Cablevision drop the ball on this one.

The real story is....... why is there no sleep timer. Lately the Verizon agents/tech have been very disrespectful when I asked this question. Hey I am a customer and I deserve a little understanding why there is not a sleep timer. Hey tell me that you will relay this to a supervisor! Something, other than a sarcastic you have to use your TV sleep timer. Yes I know this is not a huge issue, but some like the sleep timer so they can save a few dollars on the incredible electric costs!!

Any thoughts???

0 Likes
Re: An option on the Verizon FIOS set top box, not think every customer thought about.....
tns
Master - Level 2

I don't know that it will save a lot of electricity.  Many of these boxes use almost the same when they are off as when they are on.  The DVR's definitely do.

However suggest this on

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas

0 Likes
Re: An option on the Verizon FIOS set top box, not think every customer thought about.....
haviru
Enthusiast - Level 3

An alternative might be thr sleep timer on the TV if it has that option.

0 Likes