Anamorphic widescreen on SD output of Motorola QIP 7100-2?
EricSharkey

I have a 16:9 1080p TV connected via HDMI to a Motorola QIP 7100-2 set top box.  Also connected to the same set top box is a video recorder which can only accept standard definition content via composite/S-video.  When tuned to an HD channel broadcasting 16:9 content, the composite output has a 480i letterboxed version of the channel which I can record, but when I play this back it appears window-boxed (black bars on all four sides).  I can easily get rid of the bars by adjusting the zoom mode for the TV, but there's a considerable loss of resolution this way.

What I would like to know is if there's a way to get the QIP 7100-2 to not letterbox 16:9 content on the SD outputs and instead squish it.  This is sometimes referred to as "anamorphic widescreen".  I've looked at the documentation and it appears to assume that the SD outputs will only be viewed on a 4:3 set, as far as I can tell, and I can't find any way to do this.

0 Likes
Re: Anamorphic widescreen on SD output of Motorola QIP 7100-2?
Frank_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi, The QIP 7100-P2 will not convert the picture to a "anamorphic widescreen" picture.  It is not designed to do this conversion to the signal.  It only reproduces the picture. 

Thanks,

Frank_VZ

0 Likes