Re: Any one else having DVR playback issues? Particularly Seattle-area people?
RussB2

For me it is only HD programs being played back on the DVR.  It does not happen live, and only happens on certain recordings. 

0 Likes
justjndeb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nat Geo is by far the worst both live and recorded A&E is a close second, I am now noticing it on other channels when watching live I have begun recording them for the tech tomorrow we will see what he says YIKES!!!

0 Likes
Richard
Enthusiast - Level 3

To Techman28 or anyone else from verizon monitoring this thread (I have the 7200 series):

I want to add to my previous comments with some notes. Today I just watched "World's Toughest Fixes" on NatGeo HD channel. there was no problems, but when I played it back, it has the same freezes with the picture approximately every 15 seconds. So this seems to tell me it's something with the machine hard drive or something like this. It's as if the NatGeo signal is too dense for the HD to keep up because the freezes are in the same spots on playback (leading me to conclude they were introduced on the recording end and not the playback end.).

It seems important to not that I have NEVER been able to record this show without stutters. I've recorded it at least 15 times and EVERY SINGLE TIME it's had this stutter.

Also I decided to note some of the problems that I've had over the last 24 hours:

10/17, 2:46 PM. History HD Mega Movers is "currently unavailable" (meaning the channel isn't showing). Recording Colbert report at time in SD

at the Same time: The Weather Channel HD is "currently unavailable" (both were working about an hour later)

10/17 4:22, watching modern marvels on history HD live. The stutters are coming briefly on live TV about every 30 seconds to a minute for at least the last 4 minutes...

10/18 6:40 PM, Obama Special on Fox News HD, "Currently Unavailable" Not recording anything else at the time

10/18 On One of of the Max channels, Lady in the Water didn't tape: assumed to be "currently unavailable". at 9:55 am

justjndeb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Richard

I am not from Verizon but I had a tech out today all he did was a line test (all OK) and replace my 7200 for a 6416 I have had my TV on most of the day not a skip or freeze recorded or live!!!

0 Likes
Richard
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply Justin.

The tech that brought out my unit (this is my second one), also did a line test and it came up perfectly. My only concern about going "backwards" to the 6200 series is that I'm counting on a bunch of new things that are supposedly, possibly, coming down the pike and I'm wondering if they'll work on the 6200 series. Specificially video sharing from my server with the media manager (supposedly coming in December or so), ability to plug in an additional hard drive using either the usb or sata ports (not sure this is happening but one can hope), and also 1080P, which is supposedly coming down the pike...

I STILL wonder if this is some weird random thing or something bigger. Few people have noted the problem in the forum and the tech guy that came to my house hadn't heard of any similar problems, but it's so weird that it has happened with BOTH of my units; the first one and it's replacement...

0 Likes
justjndeb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Richard

The tech that came to my house said they are seeing alot of this so much so that they have been instructed swap the7200 for the 6416 in these instances because its more “stable”, I was also concerned about going backwards and the tech assured me that I can switch back anytime in the future when the new features arrive. As for now it’s just nice to watch TV without getting upset
0 Likes
Richard
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Justin --

That's good to know... I think I'll call them and ask for a swap out...

0 Likes
uscharalph

I'm really not very happy with my HD DVR.  Small hard drive.  Playback often freezes.  When I delete recordings there often seems a problem with % of space left on DVR.  I came from Dish Network, whose boxes are far superior.

Also, there often seems to be a lag from when you push a button on the remote and when action takes place on the TV thru the box.  Hopefully there will be upgrades coming soon.

Message Edited by uscharalph on 10-25-2008 01:57 PM
Message Edited by uscharalph on 10-25-2008 01:57 PM
0 Likes
Tireman
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've had multiple DVR playback and recording issues Southern Cali
0 Likes