Audio dropouts on NBC
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve noticed on my NBC affiliate there’s a lot of audio dropouts. The thing is, it’s not recorded like if I rewind and go back it will be fine but I don’t know why it keeps happening. It happens on other channels but for some reason it seems to happen on NBC more than others. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Audio dropouts on NBC
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Gweagraff wrote:

I’ve noticed on my NBC affiliate there’s a lot of audio dropouts. The thing is, it’s not recorded like if I rewind and go back it will be fine but I don’t know why it keeps happening. It happens on other channels but for some reason it seems to happen on NBC more than others. 

The first thing to do is power down the entire system and slowly power it all back up. Unplug power to the router, cable boxes and TV, then power them back up in the same order, waiting for each device to stabilize before starting the next. If no joy, look at all the connections. Check yor HDMI cables, unplug and plug them back in. Check any coax connections, unscrew and screw back in. Also check ANY splitters in the system and make sure they are MoCa 2.0 approved. The problem may be worse on NBC because of the frequency it is on versus other channels being more affected by system issues.

View solution in original post

Re: Audio dropouts on NBC
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Gweagraff wrote:

The first thing to do is power down the entire system and slowly power it all back up. Unplug power to the router, cable boxes and TV, then power them back up in the same order, waiting for each device to stabilize before starting the next. If no joy, look at all the connections. Check yor HDMI cables, unplug and plug them back in. Check any coax connections, unscrew and screw back in. Also check ANY splitters in the system and make sure they are MoCa 2.0 approved. The problem may be worse on NBC because of the frequency it is on versus other channels being more affected by system issues.