Auto-Tune to HD channels not working
Timeout11
Enthusiast - Level 2

We've always had the Auto-Tune to HD channels function enable on 3 TV's.  For example, if you want the HD channel 505, you just have to push "5" and if a corresponding HD channel exists, in this case "505" it will auto tune to the HD channel.  The other morning, we noticed Verizon had changed their "Welcome" screen from the Verizon logo to a full screen teaser for movies and videos which cycles through various options available.  The other thing we noticed coincident with that was the Auto-Tune to HD channels no longer worked on any of the TV's.  I checked the settings and it was still enabled.  I disabled and re-enabled the settings, rebooted each STB, and rebooted the router all to no avail.  Has anyone else run across this change since the Welcome screen changed?  I'm wondering if it's a systemic problem.  Thanks...........  Dave..........

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Workaround to restore "Auto Tune to HD Channel" capability?
Davezon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the Auto Tune feature to start working again by doing the following for the media client (STB):

Settings --> System --> Favorite Channels --> Flip by Favorites and then select "All Channels" (ie, instead of Favorites 1 or Favorites 2)

Note: Verizon support was useless for this problem. They ended up sending me a new STB which worked for a while (ie, until I went thru and manually selected the rest of my desired settings). Must be a recently introduced firmware bug (I'm seeing the same problem - and workaround fix - on multiple STBs).

Release: APR-6.5

Build Number, etc.: 24.18, 24.18, 24.12

View solution in original post

Re: Auto-Tune to HD channels not working
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't received that update on my box so I can't test it out. I would imagine it is just a bug with the new update 

Timeout11
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's what I'm thinking, but tech support doesn't seem to yet recognize it.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model stbs do you have?

What software version?

All channels?

0 Likes
Timeout11
Enthusiast - Level 2

What model stbs do you have? Main is VMS 1100  Others are IPC1100P2

What software version? Not sure about software version.  This what I was able to find in Settings:     Release:   APR-6.5

Build & Ul Version   24.18

All channels? Yes.  The failure to Auto Tune to HD channels happens on all channels 

that have both an analog and HD version.

Thanks for your interest and hopefully, help.

Dave

0 Likes
EEMIR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today (03/28/2019), I spent over an hour on the phone with a FiOS agent! I have the same issue with the main DVR + 3 STB's, all the newer FiOS ONE upgrade boxes. He had me running between devices including the router, bottom line... a Verizon tech is making a home visit this Sunday. Glad to see someone else. I am going to print your post and tape it to my forehead when the tech arrives! I am so {word filter avoidance} at the attitude and disrespect they showed to me like I was some bottom feeding pond scum with no technical IQ.   

pvrcmember

Glen Allen, VA

0 Likes
rbeacham
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please let us know the outcome!

0 Likes
Timeout11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately the tech support folks are hampered by a language barrier, and restricted to a “scripted” set of responses.  The system really doesn’t improve the experience of either Verizon or the customer. Sad state of affairs.  Please do let us know if there is a fix coming our way.

Dave

0 Likes
DeadFlush

I am having the same issue. I was hoping to find a fix. Uggggggggh!

0 Likes
LBNKW

Also having the same issue. Help!!

0 Likes