Back (last) button intermittently not working
Auburn

This can happen on any combination of channels but as an example if I am watching channel 502 then switch to cannel 509 when I hit the last button I will still see channel 509 on screen, it doesn't change back to channel 502, however if I channel up or down I will be on channel 503 or 501. So it does appear to have changed within the STB channel memory but just didn't change the view. Any thoughts or anyone else having the same problem.

0 Likes
Re: Back (last) button intermittently not working
bnglbill
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yup, I have the same issue and have reported it here and gotten no response...
0 Likes
G-Pon
Contributor - Level 1

If the remote is bad we can get you a new one of those. Those buttons are among the few “moving parts” in the entire system.

To test to see if it is the remote or another issue, use a remote from another room (be SURE to return the test remote to the original location, do NOT get the remotes mixed up from room to room).

If one remote works and one doesn’t refresh the batteries in the bad remote, if after this it still will not work, contact Verizon for a replacement remote. Suggestion: you will need to re-program the new one when it arrives to work with your TV if you are not familiar with this ask the support professional replacing your remote to go over the process with you so you won’t have to call back in for help with that.

If all remotes fail to “Last” on this box the box itself may need a software update or “re-initialization” or some other box/room specific issue is present like line-of-sight between the IR eye on the box and the remote.

Also the behavior is expected to be slower using this feature in HD as the processing time is greater, be sure it is just not this HD processing time too, but it doesn’t sound like that’s it in your case.

I have not heard the latest update caused unexpected behavior of the “Last” feature, I use this a lot too and understand the importance of this feature. If you have time, post the results of any (above described) testing here please, Thanks!

Our support line 888-553-1555

0 Likes
wessock1
It's a known issue with the 1.6.2 firmware (to Fios customers anyway, apparently not CS yet) and it's not the remote, it's the DVR. Nothing to do but sit back and wait for a new firmware which will hopefully fix it. Considering they apparently don't know about it yet, we may have to wait two firmware updates from now.
0 Likes
Auburn
It is very random when it happens so it may be hard to diag that way but I will try. I will also have the kids see if it happens on their tv's or not. They dont have theirs on or flip as much as we do, ours is on at 8am and is watched or listened to upto about 12 at night.
0 Likes
wessock1
The little info bubble appears on the bottom of the screen saying the channel and program information of the channel it should have switched to, but the picture and sound are of the channel it was already on correct? Then when you change the channel to a different channel, it behaves as if it switched to the correct channel before all long correct? If so, it's a firmware bug many people have, and not the remote. Verizon apparently doesn't know about it yet, but it's a known bug with other forum members. Annoying, but nothing we can do on our end.
0 Likes
Auburn

Yes that is exactly what happens,

I have put in a call to tech support and was told that it was the first he had heard of such a problem. So I guess for now I will try and get a better diag for the tech and see where that leads, but as you all have said, chances are that's its not the remote since the box does appear to be changing internally just not showing correct channel.

0 Likes
wessock1
I think a lot of times the verizon support people aren't allowed to admit there is a known problem until they have a fix, or are working on one they know will work. Sometimes it seems hard to believe that they can NOT have heard of some of these problems when lots of people post about them all over the forum. Haha, and don't even think about mentioning certain brands of TVs (like Samsung) because no matter what the problem has to do with or if it's a well known issue with the DVR on all brands and models of TVs, they'll automatically say it's the TV's fault.
0 Likes
Auburn
Well 3 out of 4 of my TV's are Samsung with the 4th being a Sony. The HDMI cable has some minor issues with the DVR STB but the others work great with the HDMI and HD STB. I have for now changed the DVR cable to a composite with little to no loss in picture quality so no big deal on that one. So who knows but hopefully one day modern electronics will be as convenient as they are supposed to be...
0 Likes
Auburn

G-Pon,

I had the opportunity to try another remote and it responds the same way so it does appear to be the HD STB. Hopefully this can be repaired with a software change or new STB..  Neighbor just had his installed and it has issue also so new STB probably isn't the answer.

0 Likes