Bad Gateway message on 1 of 3 DVRs
Ching

I love the technology and hate it all at the same time (we are SO close to having this ready for prime time, I can taste it!);  I'm familiar with router settings, etc...  and I am familiar with the cycle of power down router, make sure listener is up and running on the respective DVR, etc.....

After tech chat today, I can happily say that s/he got 2 of the 3 DVRs up and viewable online;  One of mine (family room, so I've got an audience that is depending on me to work some magic) is still showing 'bad gateway'.

I checked all of the port mapping that was fixed earlier today, and it looks like all 3 of the COAX lines are now enabled and forwarding as they should the UDP protocol.....  There is one item not forwarding (have no idea what that is but i can live without whatever it is...  it might be residual trash from when i configured a web cam to work....   regardless, disabled).

Does someone know what else to check on that DVR to get it up and viewable online?

PS:  If anyone knows how to go into the port forwarding screen on the router and 'enable' a line that has been set to 'disabled', I'd love to hear it;  doesn't look like you can do much after it is dead and disabled......

0 Likes
Re: Bad Gateway message on 1 of 3 DVRs
Ching

All DVRs are alive and well online today;  not sure what the deal is (all of same port settings are consistent with yesterday);  Odd....

Does anyone know the trick to 'fix it myself' the next time this happens?

0 Likes