Bad ONT?? Is it possible?
Sabre70
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have been having ALOT of pixilization and audio drops for the last 4-5 days on both my set top boxes.  I have reset them 6 ways from tuesday and Vz has done it on there end to no avail.  They had me unscrew the cables from the splitter and re install them, no dice.  Then they thought my splitter was bad so I went and bought a new one, no luck. Vz tech is coming mon pm to my house.  I have spent more time on the phone than anyone should have to.  Then they said it may be my cables.  SERIOUSLY??!!  I told them I ran new quad shield rg6 to all set tops.  I just wonder if its possible its the ONT or something at the pole.  I have a hard time believing both set tops fritzed out on the same day.  Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.  
0 Likes
Re: Bad ONT?? Is it possible?
Techman28
Master - Level 1
Sabre since everything is new inside I'm willing to bet there may be an issue with the ONT.  Pixelation generally happens when there is a degradation of the signal which can be caused by splitters, failing cable, ONT.  It is also possible that the signal to the ONT may be the problem. 
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
It could be a bad ONT but it is rare. The trouble is either a bad RF signal on the coax or a bad light reading before it enters the ONT. The only other thing it could be is Verizon's network but more people would be complaining than just you.
0 Likes
Sabre70
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thanks for the input guys.  Vz tech just left.  Turned out to be marginal MOCA rate on the coax line going to my 2500 set top.  The set tops were not communicating with the router.  He ran a new line to the set top, reset router and set tops and it seems to be fine now.  One small weakness in one line caused the network to not work properly.  Go figure.  He did not even test for that initially, all the signals were perfect.  He spoke with some one in PA that knows this stuff really well and he suggested testing the MOCA rate.  It was marginal, after different line it was at the high end.  Hope its ok for a while.  Just can't wait for the 1.6.1 upgrade so I can have my nice clear picture back again. OUT.
0 Likes