Re: bad pq on std.def. channels
jetpeak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well here it is, January, 2009, and after 2-1/2 months when I first complained about STDPQ issue and it has still not

been resolved.  Though, I find the forum more informative than the Verizon tech support I feel that Verizon will not

address this problem at all.  My theory is that Verizon will not fix the issue in order to have customers compelled to

purchase the HD extreme package to alleviate problems with the STDPQ issue.  I am paying high monthly fees to

watch a blurry, fuzzy picture on standard def channels.  I currently have the STD box, QIP-6416 P2, release 1.6.0

build 06.89, but I am finding that most people are having the same problems.  How can Verizon ignore their customers

that are paying high monthly fees and not getting what they are paying for?  We went with Verizon because of

their promises for the best of the best and that is not happening.  In this economy, we can't afford to pay for

something that is not worth what they advertise and at the end of my contract, we will have no choice but to ]

return to DirectV where we never experienced this problem.  Unless Verizon can uphold their end of the contract

and I believe that we should be refunded part of our monthly payment for this problem, then going forward, we

will have no problem telling future customers of our problems and the lack of response from Verizon.

0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

Seriously Jetpeak-

Do you really think VZ isn't working on it? Can you come up with firmware code fixes in a month during holiday season?  I really get a kick out of all of the {please keep your posts courteous}  posts thinking that a fix isn't coming. Some of you need to google software development and read what all is involved. 

Message Edited by KaLin on 01-01-2009 09:56 AM
0 Likes
jetpeak
Enthusiast - Level 3

hey psumatt,

just read your reply to my last post on standard df. issue.the fact is this issue has been present a lot longer than a month.  it,s more like 6 months as reported by other customers in this forumn .it seems to me verizon should have addressed  problem before   any release of any firmware upgrades.  i would like to hear from anyone who shares my concerns.

0 Likes
larryh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have posted previously about the bad SD picture quality and I would like to see this topic be on the first page of the forums until it is fixed.  Having switched from Comcast in October, I can say that the SD PQ of Verizon FIOS is terrible compared to Comcast.  There are a few other people that have started topics about this and I've also talked to other folks who have Verizon and they all agree that the PQ is very fuzzy.  If you talk to Verizon support on the phone, though, they claim to not know anything about it.  I'm not holding my breath for a fix...

-Larry

0 Likes
jetpeak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,  Larry im glad to hear im not the only complainig about  std def issue. I too have called verizon tech support  twice only to  get same response. which is

hi larry i am glad to know that i am not the only one complaing about standard def. picture quality.quite plainly it is

not acceptable given the fact that verizon claims it has the best picture quality. which i agree to only on high def channels. BUT NOT ON STANDARD DEF CHANNELS. I,ve called verizon tech support several times only to get samer

response "we are working on it " seems to me they have been working on it for nearly six months now.still hoping

for 1.7  firmware to come out and fix issue after all isnt that what we are all paying for $$$  good luck larry

'

0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

not acceptable given the fact that verizon claims it has the best picture quality. which i agree to only on high def channels. BUT NOT ON STANDARD DEF CHANNELS. I,ve called verizon tech support several times only to get samer

response "we are working on it " seems to me they have been working on it for nearly six months now.still hoping

for 1.7  firmware to come out and fix issue after all isnt that what we are all paying for $$$  good luck larry

People complained griped and begged for update 1.6. They got what they asked for. Instead of complaining griping and trying to rush Verizon because you THINK 1.7 will fix issues you are having HOPE they are taking their time and completely testing 1.7 so it is a cure and not a cause.

Message Edited by Joe01880 on 01-06-2009 01:15 PM
jetpeak
Enthusiast - Level 3
HI ALL this post is to any verizon employees using this forum . any more inside info as to when std. def channel picture quality will finally be addressed?. And by the way please understand  im not directing my frustration toward any verizon emplyee except maybe the powers that be that  decides when to fix a problem . and i hope that person is reading this.
0 Likes
larryh
Enthusiast - Level 2
Joe01880 - Being a new customer as of last October, I have never seen anything other than IMG 1.6.  My understanding from other posts is that before IMG 1.6, the SD PQ on an HD box was just fine.  I'm not sure what the complaints/gripes/begs were for IMG 1.6 but it seems to me that, if Verizon knows what changes were made, it should be straightforward to determine which changes caused a deterioration of the PQ.  I think it's been at least 6 months since the first complaints of poor PQ, so I don't really see how anyone can claim that Verizon is in danger of "rushing" an update to address this problem.  I also don't think that a forum topic, no matter how much it complains or gripes, will cause Verizon to rush.  I am much more worried that during a large portion of my 2 year contract that the issue won't be addressed at all, so I'm happy to add my voice to those complaining.
jetpeak
Enthusiast - Level 3

WELL SAID LARRY THANKS MAYBE IF MORE AND MORE COMPLAIN ABOUT ISSUE THINGS WILL GET DONE

THANKS AGAIN "JETPEAK"

0 Likes