BAD SUPPORT
LorraineKP

For two days now I'm unable to get tech support. I talked my sister into switching to Verizon and I was at her house trying to get Amazon Prime to work on her TV again, and I called tech support and they said there would be a 7 to 11 minute wait, and twice I waited half an hour and no one picked up, driving up my minutes cost on my cell phone. Now today the same thing is happening. My sister is ready to switch back to Comcast and I am getting really **bleep** off. Why isn't it intuitive how to add Amazon Prime, and why isn't tech support picking up???

0 Likes
Re: BAD SUPPORT
jonjones1
Legend

How are you trying to get amazon prime?

amazon prime must first be downloaded as an app. Do you have a Roku?Chromcast?Apple TV 4th. Generation? A smart tv? 

You need one one to get the app. You then need to get a Amazon prime account.

verizon Fios is not responsible for setting up another companies service.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201422730

0 Likes
LorraineKP

We already have an Amazon Prime account. When my sister had Comcast, she was able to navigate to Amazon Prime through her set-top box and watch the Amazon Prime account, just as she could watch Netflix. Now with the Verizon box, we can see how to get at Neflix, but not Amazon Prime. Are you saying to me that the Verizon box lets you watch Netflix but not Amazon Prime?

0 Likes
ChadW1

Same issue with support. yesterday was on phone and it said 4 min wait time. waited 2 hours and never was picked up. same thing this morning 3 to 6 mins wait and ive had the call going for 3.5 hours now and no pick ups.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@LorraineKPwrote:

We already have an Amazon Prime account. When my sister had Comcast, she was able to navigate to Amazon Prime through her set-top box and watch the Amazon Prime account, just as she could watch Netflix. Now with the Verizon box, we can see how to get at Neflix, but not Amazon Prime. Are you saying to me that the Verizon box lets you watch Netflix but not Amazon Prime?

Correct. Verizon has the Netflix on its channel lineup. Not Amazon prime video.

nor Hulu or Acorn TV or BritBox etc. for you to view these services you need either a doggle like a Roku or Apple TV 4th. Generation or a Chromecast or Amazon fire stick or even a smart tv with internet access. 

You can buy these devices from a cost of $200 down to $35 depending on device.

0 Likes