Been a FIOS customer for 8 months, new issue just cropped up.
larrysinnj

Have FIOS TV on one set, a 2008 vintage Sharp Aquos (1080p) hooked up to the VMS 4100.  Also have a Fire TV Stick hooked up to same set.  95% of the time we watch regular TV on the FIOS box.  

Within the last few weeks, when we turn on the TV, we get audio, but no video on the VMS 4100.  I can correct by cycling through the inputs, i.e. switching to the Fire Stick, getting a picture, then switching back to the VMS, and yes, I have restarted the VMS.

Yes, the TV is a bit long in the tooth, but it works.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Been a FIOS customer for 8 months, new issue just cropped up.
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@LarrySinNYC wrote:

Have FIOS TV on one set, a 2008 vintage Sharp Aquos (1080p) hooked up to the VMS 4100.  Also have a Fire TV Stick hooked up to same set.  95% of the time we watch regular TV on the FIOS box.  

Within the last few weeks, when we turn on the TV, we get audio, but no video on the VMS 4100.  I can correct by cycling through the inputs, i.e. switching to the Fire Stick, getting a picture, then switching back to the VMS, and yes, I have restarted the VMS.

Look here and make sure the Fios box is set to 1080P 16x9:

Main Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings>Video Format.

If that doesn't work, unplug power from the TV, unplug power from the Fios box, unplug the HDMI cable from the TV. Power up the TV, when stable power up the Fios box, wait about 1 minute, plug the HDMI cable back into the TV from the Fios box.

View solution in original post

Re: Been a FIOS customer for 8 months, new issue just cropped up.
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@LarrySinNYC wrote:

Look here and make sure the Fios box is set to 1080P 16x9:

Main Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings>Video Format.

If that doesn't work, unplug power from the TV, unplug power from the Fios box, unplug the HDMI cable from the TV. Power up the TV, when stable power up the Fios box, wait about 1 minute, plug the HDMI cable back into the TV from the Fios box.