Black screen when turn on new smart tv
esgargo

I bought a new smart tv that uses Roku.  In the morning when I first turn it on and choose cable, a black screen appears and there is sound.  It just started doing this with the new TV.  I have had to either reboot everything or reset the tv for it to work.  It has also happened during the day when we turn on the tv as well.   All the other applications work fine on the tv, it is just an issue when I try to connect to our Fios.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Black screen when turn on new smart tv
Alex1759
Enthusiast - Level 3

If there's only audio but not picture it could be its board issue. You should contact to your seller and ask him to replace it with a new one. Is there any warranty ?

0 Likes
Re: Black screen when turn on new smart tv
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@esgargo wrote:

I bought a new smart tv that uses Roku.  In the morning when I first turn it on and choose cable, a black screen appears and there is sound.  It just started doing this with the new TV.  I have had to either reboot everything or reset the tv for it to work.  It has also happened during the day when we turn on the tv as well.   All the other applications work fine on the tv, it is just an issue when I try to connect to our Fios.  Any suggestions?

If you are choosing cable, it is probably switching the input to the coax connector, not the HDMI input which I assume is how you have it hooked up. Check the HDMI cable, even try reversing the in and out side and see if it still works. Which Fios box are you using, an 1100 or a Fios One box?

0 Likes