Re: Both STBs...out?
Joysea1

I, too, am having the same in Pittsburgh.  I was watching and noticed the new look of the tv listings before the errors started.  First trouble I've had with Fios in 2 years.  😞    Glad I'm not alone -- misery loves company!  

0 Likes
ssanders79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here in Tampa.  Both Standard boxes show db09 ER.05. The standard STB was working just fine at 5AM EST, then around 5:20AM EST it went out.

The old HD DVR is fine and is at v1.8 as it is not supported for 1.9.

The standard digital converter is working too.

0 Likes
bevbruce

Wow - 24 to 48 hours without TV?  This stinks.  I have one TV hooked into a standard box and now I can't get anything for 2 days?  Makes me want to consider another service provider.  Shouldn't take 2 days to fix anything software related.  Shame on Verizon.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

The old DVR is at 1.8 because 1.9 was not finished updating and is now postponed again.

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Tech support advised that the upgrade to 1.9 was done to the SD boxes first, but was failing.  They did not try to send to the HD boxes yet and those should still be working fine with 1.8.  I was advised that they are going to try to fix the problem and try pushing to the SD boxes again as soon as possible which could be a day or more.  The agent also said to try using the in home agent on-line to see if the box can be fixed that way.  He said just a couple of folks he spoke with have done this successfully this morning.  I tried and it's showing the in home agent is temporarily unavailable.

0 Likes
huskerintampa

@BrianC wrote:

...the agent also said to try using the in home agent on-line to see if the box can be fixed that way.  He said just a couple of folks he spoke with have done this successfully this morning.  I tried and it's showing the in home agent is temporarily unavailable.

Yeah, i tried the in home agent as well...I got the same 'unavailble' response...

0 Likes
Scottinround

I have been trying to use the in-home agent.....It must be overloaded because I couldn't get it to do anything...just acted like it was loading for 20 mins.............Since you ruined my morning FIOS how about some free movie channels when it comes back on...You know to compensate the customer....lol

0 Likes
jennie12341234

I'm pretty sure this is why I hate Verizon,,, 24-48 hr ETA? GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

0 Likes
ssanders79
Enthusiast - Level 3

RE: Scottinround I doubt Verizon will give us any free channels, more than likely we will turn on the tv, flip through channels and find out they once again changed the channel line up and you are no long using a current packaged plan so the channels are not avaliable, call for help.Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Scottinround

I know there not going to give me free channels...I was just thinking it would be nice.....I am bored and was thinking about it since I have no TV......com,on  Verizon Fix are boxes already!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Mad

0 Likes