Cable splitter
norm4701
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to go from a 2way to a 3way splitter on the outside of my house.I have tried 2 splitters already and the problem is that I don't get internet,or on demand,or the telephone number on the TV.The TV pictures are great.Any help would be great .Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cable splitter
PJL
Master - Level 3

@norm4701 wrote:

the last one I tried was Ideal 5MHz-2.3GHz. It did not work!

The splitter needs to be bi-directional to the router to support the IP functions like caller id, On-Demand, etc.  Said another way, the signal has to get to the STB from the router and be able to get back to the router for the IP functions to work. 

View solution in original post

xfactor
Enthusiast - Level 3

You have to get a splitter that is rated 5-1000mhz, ghz or better in order for the VOD and menu and internet to continue working.  Double check your splitters, and return/exchange them for higher rated ones if they don't match that description. 

0 Likes
norm4701
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

2.3ghz splitter should be fine, did you cap off any unused ports.  if you leave some open ones you get signal bleed and that signal bleed may be your problem.   

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@norm4701 wrote:

The splitter needs to be bi-directional to the router to support the IP functions like caller id, On-Demand, etc.  Said another way, the signal has to get to the STB from the router and be able to get back to the router for the IP functions to work.