CableCard activation frustration
Ty233
I've tried for hours upon hours to get my CableCard activated but still haven't been able to. I got the CableCard from the verizon store yesterday, however the lady who was there was at lunch and they said they would call me back to get it activated. Eventually I got to talk with her and she said she can't activate it because there is a pending order on my account, the pending order apprently is the DVR I shipped back last week (a DVR I never ordered, mind you).

Thinking she wasn't too helpful, I called tech support. Tech support said they don't even see a CableCard on my account and that they can't do much about it, and recommended I talk to billing to get that resolved. Billing says they can't do anything. So I don't know what to do here at all.

Earlier today I talked to billing again, and I got another lady who was a little more helpful. She said she sees the CableCard on my account but it isn't shown as a completed order and the order complete date is set to October 3rd (I have no idea why). But she did give me the number of tech support who might be able to help me manually activate the CableCard.

So I talked to a very helpful tech support lady. She tried her best to help me out. But eventually came back and told me that since the CableCard purchase isn't set to complete till a later date she can't help me. I asked her if they could complete the purchase, and she said she talked to someone who told her this is impossible.

So what are my options here? I'm really tired of calling/live chatting/emailing support and billing and still not having this issue resolved. I'm not even sure I know where the problem lies because I seem to get different answer every time I call. Please advice, I'm frustrated beyond belief here.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: CableCard activation frustration
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Ty23,

We apologize for the trouble you've experienced and we'd like to help.  I'm sending you a PM to get more information.

Thank you,

Adam.

0 Likes
Re: CableCard activation frustration
soholingo

Did you ever get your cable card activated?  I am having one heck of a time with Verizon and its service...

Jay

0 Likes