Caller ID not displaying on TV
Shadow3799

Up until this episode, I have been very happy with the FIOS service. I had the FIOS service installed on 12/13. On 12/17 I attempted to get the caller ID to display on my TV. Not working. I called Tech Support, they told me that they would create a ticket, that department wasn't there on weekends. About an hour later, I get a call from tech support telling me it's all set. While on the phone, went into settings, and wasn't working.

Yesterday, 12/19, Verizon tech support left me an e-mail. They never mentioned anything about the problem being corrected, only if I was having a problem to call back. I also noticed online that the date of resolution was 12/20, today, however that has since changed to 12/21.

Anyways, today I called tech support and told them about the voice mail, and was told that the only reason for someone to call me, was to let me know that problem has been resolved, it hasn't. The person on the phone also told me that the "ticket" is still active.

Just for the heck of it, I tried rebooting the STB; no success.

From the way it hasn't been working, I am going to assume that it never worked from the day of installation. How can I get this to work?

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID not displaying on TV
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the Caller ID on TV. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

0 Likes
g8tor
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Caller ID was working fine from the day that FIOS was installed, but 2 days ago, the caller ID stopped showing on the TV, when I look at the menu on the TV it says it is enabled. Didn't change anything on my end, looks like maybe some type of upgrade to the FiOS software way be blocking it. I have tried everything that the book says and did some research but no luck. It is a nice feature when it works. With a little luck they will find out what is wrong.

0 Likes
suetess

I ahve the same problem....settings says that Caller ID is enabled for TV screen but it does not show. HELP!

0 Likes
Crash

This must happen to a lot of people.  It seems to work for a while and then quits.  Once it started back up all by itself.  I called a few days ago and the verizon rep said that he thinks the STB just will stop communicating with the internet modem  for whatever reason and that's what causes it.  He reset everything (everything in my house is Verizon) and now it's working again.  I've enabled the Caller ID since it was first offered by Verizon.  It's cut out 3 times on me now.

0 Likes
JKennedy
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's happened to me as well, not just on 1, but all boxes. 

All I've done to fix it is to restart each box.  You can do it from the Menu of each box.

Unfortunatly rebooting the boxes, or "auto correcting" is becoming standard maintanance I do about once every week or 2 for various issues, like out of sync voice that doens't correct by FF or RWD or switching channels back and forth.

0 Likes
news4catman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems to me a lot of this NEW technology is very much like "cleaning up your pc" I have a program (system mechinic) that I run twice a month to clean up system clutter,registry problems and a general "tune up" of my pc. I also do the same with all my STB's by re-booting from the menu settings. It is a good idea to reboot (keeps the media highway clear and up to date) If I discover an issue once I reboot the problem is almost always solved. Maybe Verizon should send a message monthly - for system maintaince telling you to reboot

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over ten years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes