Caller ID on TV fails most of the time
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

Is there any way to make caller ID on TV work more reliably? It is turned on because once in a blue moon I see the box pop up, but most calls do not trigger the caller ID although the phone itself shows it no problem. I played around with the settings for how long to display the message, but that did not make any difference.

Is there anything else that can be done or is caller ID on TV just borked up?

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID on TV fails most of the time
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Works fine for me.  You might want to contact Verizon support.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

There is a caller ID troubleshooter in the Customer Support >> In-Home Agent >> Caller ID Troubleshooter.  Have you run that?

bobbos7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a longtime FIOS triple-play customer and am having the same problem.

Yes, I have tried the In-Home Agent reset many times. Almost every time it is unable to

reset the Caller-ID feature and indicates so. After rebooting the STB (a time-consuming and undesireable

activity) the In-Home reset works. Caller-ID will work for a day or so, and then back to the original

absent behavior. Frustrating!

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@bobbos7 wrote:

I'm a longtime FIOS triple-play customer and am having the same problem.

Yes, I have tried the In-Home Agent reset many times. Almost every time it is unable to

reset the Caller-ID feature and indicates so. After rebooting the STB (a time-consuming and undesireable

activity) the In-Home reset works. Caller-ID will work for a day or so, and then back to the original

absent behavior. Frustrating!

Verizon likely needs to change your Caller IF setup fromTCP to UDP.  Verizon, can you hear us now?

0 Likes
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, I tried the troubleshooter multiple times. That works fine each time. So the demo works, but the real thing doesn't.

0 Likes
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

If I call them and tell them that, will they know what I am talking about? Any chance to do that oneself?

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@JustGotFiOS wrote:

If I call them and tell them that, will they know what I am talking about? Any chance to do that oneself?

Maybe.  Disable CID on the STB and then re-enable it.  That MAY remap correctly.  

P.S.  Have you modified your Verizon router setup, and is it primary on your network?

0 Likes
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry for replying to this so late.

The Verizon router has a direct link to the central unit (the big white box in the basement, I forgot the correct term for it), but I am not sure what the router has to to with CID. The TV signal comes straight from the central unit as does the phone signal.

I know the router is needed for the program guide and such because that comes straight from the web, but the calller ID is phone to TV.

I did try disabling CID and re-enabling it many times. It just doesn't work reliably.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@JustGotFiOS wrote:

Sorry for replying to this so late.

The Verizon router has a direct link to the central unit (the big white box in the basement, I forgot the correct term for it), but I am not sure what the router has to to with CID. The TV signal comes straight from the central unit as does the phone signal.

I know the router is needed for the program guide and such because that comes straight from the web, but the calller ID is phone to TV.

I did try disabling CID and re-enabling it many times. It just doesn't work reliably.

Caller ID is provided via IP, so the router is key (just as it is for the guide and VOD).  It is not "phone to TV" (whatever you mean by that expression. If the port mapping for caller ID is not correct, Caller ID won't work.

You might want to go to the Verizon Direct forum on DSL Reports and submit a problem post.  Verizon technicians usually respond quickly, or you can use Twitter.

0 Likes