Caller ID
GeorgiaR51
Enthusiast - Level 1

The caller ID doesn't work on any of my TVs.  How long does it take to show up on the screen after set up?

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

It should be within 24 hours. We can help you out with this. I have sent a private message to get more information.

0 Likes
JasonD52
Enthusiast - Level 2

The caller ID function works intermittently at best.  On mine, it will work fine for a few days in a row, then not work again for weeks.  I've stopped trying to fix it.

0 Likes
hsilverberg

I have the same issue. I'll provide info in reply to personal email

0 Likes
geezplaya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just read this while looking for something else. I've had the same problem since FIOS was installed.  Intermittant Caller ID

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Do any of you have digital voice? Just wondering.

0 Likes
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

I just recently had the same problem with caller ID not showing up on my TV but I called customer service to resolve it.  I had to call twice only because the first one was working blindly with me while his system was down.  But the second time I called, the rep was able to walk me through the troubleshooting process while doing a live chat with a tech person from the called ID department and the problem got resolved that way.  It was only a matter of resetting the set top box, turning off my Internet router and unplugging the coaxial cable for a couple of minutes, and also disabling the caller ID display and resetting it after a couple of minutes with the enable option.

How has caller ID become so important in this country?  It's kind of funny when you think about it because in all of these years, there was never really a need for it to begin with and if it still didn't exist, would anyone seriously complain about having such a hardship without knowing instantly who is calling?  lol... It's amazing how any corporation can create a need for any new idea, sell it, and then make people dependent on it, just like with cell phones replacing pay phones and any other new age gadget.

OK...I'm talking like an old timer but in the scheme of things, I think the whole thing is silly.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

When some people call, I just do not wish to answer the phone.Smiley Very Happy

I remember when it was not built into everything and you needed one of those little boxes that said Bell Atlantic. So having it on the TV is great, because I don't have to jump my lazy butt up and look. Or have one of those new fangled wireless phones next to me.

My $2. Inflation.

0 Likes
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

Oh yes, I can sometimes be the same way.  lol  And sometimes I really need my down time and just don't want to be bothered at the moment.  I have my TV set up so I can still watch it from the kitchen so even while I am cooking or eating, I can still see who is calling.  The essentials of modern life.  My goodness.  lol

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I had never had the option with my previous cable TV provider, so when Verizon offered Caller ID on TV I thought it would be a waste of time. But I activated it anyway, and now I am so used to it that when the phone rings and I am in a room without a TV or the TV is off I get frustrated. Amazing how we can condition ourselves to demand something work that is so relatively trival.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes