Can FIOS remote control Sony Receiver?
VASony

Greetings, I have a sony tv and seperate sony receiver all connected with HDMI to a Fios STB. When I synched the FIOS remote to the TV, The FIOS remote volume does not control any sound. I'd like the power button to turn on the TV and the FIOS volume buttons to control the volume from the receiver. Right now, I have to use the FIOS remote to change the chanels and the receiver remote for the receiver volume. Can the FIOS remote be synch to both a SONY tv and seperate SONY receiver? Scratching me head...

0 Likes
Re: Can FIOS remote control Sony Receiver?
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@VASony wrote:

Greetings, I have a sony tv and seperate sony receiver all connected with HDMI to a Fios STB. When I synched the FIOS remote to the TV, The FIOS remote volume does not control any sound. I'd like the power button to turn on the TV and the FIOS volume buttons to control the volume from the receiver. Right now, I have to use the FIOS remote to change the chanels and the receiver remote for the receiver volume. Can the FIOS remote be synch to both a SONY tv and seperate SONY receiver? Scratching me head...

Wipe out all the current programming on the remote, assuming you are using a Fios One Voice remote, make sure the receiver is on and on the input for the Fios box is live, then follow the procedure below:

After you've paired your Fios TV Voice Remote to your set top box, HDMI connected TVs and Audio systems should automatically be detected and be controlled by your Fios TV Voice Remote.

In some cases, you may have to manually enter your specific TV and Audio equipment information. Follow these instructions to do so:

1. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup > Press ‘ok’ to Select
  2. Select your TV or Receiver Brand and Model and follow the steps
  3. You will get a ‘success’ message in the upper right of the screen when the setup is complete.
0 Likes