can i use the ir extender jack on the QIP7100 Series stb
obewan35

I need to hide the stb because it is being mounted on a wall.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can i use the ir extender jack on the QIP7100 Series stb
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello obewan35,

Yes they are only active on the 7xxx series stbs,.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, that is active on the 7100 STB

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello obewan35,

Yes they are only active on the 7xxx series stbs,.

0 Likes
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Frank.  I need one of those, too.  I have a 7100 and the remote works horribly, I'm almost sure from interference from my plasma TV.  I've read the IR Extenders fix the problem? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
obewan35

It does work.  The one they send out is short but it does work.

0 Likes
UncleHarry

Hi Frank,

I'm looking to do the same with my QIP7100 STB.  May I PM you with my info?  I'll need it to run about 15 feet, Can I order an extender or patch cable as well?  Would it be easyier to pick one up at my local B&M store front in Toms River, NJ?

TIA,

Harry

Sorry, adding to my previous request...  I rather use a Motorola S cable card instead.  My old Sharp isn't compatable with the new M cards. Any thoughts on that

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Re: can I use the IR extender jack on the QIP7100 Series stb
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello uncleharry,

Send me either your fios phone number or the name on your account and I can see about getting you an S card and I can send you out the IR extender, but I am not sure of the length that will be mail out.

0 Likes
Re: can I use the IR extender jack on the QIP7100 Series stb
BigTnillY

@VZ_Frank wrote:

Hello uncleharry,

Send me either your fios phone number or the name on your account and I can see about getting you an S card and I can send you out the IR extender, but I am not sure of the length that will be mail out.

Hi Frank,

I am also in need of an IR extender for my Motorola HD DVR. The model number is QIP 7216 1. Is this something you can help me with. I called customer service and billing, but they couldn't help me. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
fttpline
Enthusiast - Level 3

how can i get a ir extender jack

0 Likes
kagule

We just added an additional TV and it will be wall mounted and will have the same issue with needing to put the box in a closet behind the wall. 

I called Verizon re: how to get an additional box as well as the IR Extender (?).  Sounds like I need to go to a retail store - but it doesn't sound like they carry the cable...

What is the correct approach to request (per this string) the necessary cable (that will work with the FiOS equipment)?

Thank You

0 Likes