Can I watch (share) programming between 2 DVR's?
MisterEdF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been wanting to get FIOS TV for 2 years but what has been holding me back is the fact I can't "share" programming between 2 (or more) DVR's.(not plain STB's).

Currently I have DirecTV and have 3 DVR's and am able to watch any DVR from anywhere.  Having just 2 tuners isn't enough for me due to recording conflicts so being able to watch recordings from other DVR's solves that problem (3 DVR's allows me to record 6 shows at once on DirecTV).

Is this capability available yet on FIOS? I would need at least 2 dvrs and 1 STB all able to watch programming from any box on any set.

When I do a "test" purchase online it won't even allow me to configure 2 multi-room DVR's

I currently have FIOS internet w/DirecTV and I am in Northern NJ.

0 Likes
Re: Can I watch (share) programming between 2 DVR's?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

You don't give a geographic area where you live so I will answer as best you can (again I plead with people to at least include a region in their profile).  If your area is still on IMG 1.8 (the DVR's internal software version) the answer is no.  There is a new function in IMG 1.9 called multi-hub which dos allow DVR to DVR viewing.  Due to the recent work stoppage the deployment of the new version has been delayed and there is no official schedule as to when it will resume and when the entire Verizon FiOS footprint will be updated.

0 Likes