Can Someone Explain "Skipped Due to Deletion" for Individual Shows?
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I have seen posts regarding "Skipped Due to Deletion" for series shows, but nothing that answers why this happens to individual shows.  Sometimes, I have set up a recording for an individual show, and I will get a message "Skipped Due to Deletion."  I never tried to delete the show, I normally do not have two shows being recorded at the same time, so I am not sure why this is happening.  There are times I will have missed a recording completely because of this.

I have gotten this message sometimes when a show has been moved out of a time slot.  For that, I can understand.  However, I don't understand why this happens when a show has remained in its time slot.

Does anyone know why this happens for individual shows (not series shows) and if there is something to do to stop this from happening?  I must say, I never had this problem when I had satellite.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Can Someone Explain "Skipped Due to Deletion" for Individual Shows?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

I have seen it happen due to a "glitch" in the guide.  The guide (for some unkinown reason) drops the show, the DVR sees it doesn't exist and marks as skipped, and then the show returns to the guide but the DVR doesn't activate it.  Can't think of any other reasons and can only suggest that you keep an eye on your scheduled recordings (which you shouldn't have to do).

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for the suggestion.

It is a bit frustrating to have to check and re-check my scheduled recordings.  I have gotten into the habit of doing this, however, because in the past I have had a few shows not record or I have seen the "Skipped Due to Deletion" message show up.  I never had to worry about this with my former TV provider.

0 Likes
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

Yes it is very annoying.  I discovered "Skipped due to deletion" on the HD DVR/STB.  It had never happened before I "upgraded".  I tried to record the concert for the Haiti earthquake that was to be on all networks.  It did not matter which network I programmed, the DVR kept deleting it, saying "skipped due to deletion".  There were no other programs scheduled.  No conflicts.  No matter how many times I reset it to record, it would delete.  I finally just watched it live.  And I still have no idea why the DVR does this with one-time shows.

0 Likes