Can Stream TV be remotely diagnosed?
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I'm interested in getting the Stream TV. Can it be remotely diagnosed like the set-top boxes?

I assume that pay-per-view is not available, correct?

Verizon is partnered with YouTube TV. YouTube TV just raised their price to $65/month. FIOS customers have to pay the $65/month, right?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can Stream TV be remotely diagnosed?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. Stream TV can't be diagnosed like a FiOS set-top box. Stream TV is a Verizon product, but not related to FiOS.

Stream TV is similar to an Apple TV or Amazon Firestick/Fire TV. Basically if your internet is working then your Stream TV also should be working. 

Yes you can get Pay-per-view, but not from the On Demand menu like a Verizon set-top box. You will rent from the Play store. 

Yes FiOS customers pay the same YouTube TV prices as non-Verizon customers. 

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what you mean by remotely diagnosed.

Are you having an issue?

pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I have 2 of the "Q" set-top boxes.

I'm retired & looking for ways to reduce my monthly FIOS bill. That's why I've spent months on Google & YouTube learning about streaming services & streaming devices. I'm interested in the Stream TV among other devices.

It seems to me that a long time ago I had a problem with the living room box. A FIOS tech connected to it remotely & diagnosed a problem. Then again, maybe it didn't actually happen. I honestly don't remember. Aren't the "Q" boxes capable of self-diagnosis?

Is the Stream TV capable of self-diagnosis?

Can one get pay-per-view on Stream TV or only streaming?

Verizon is partnered with YouTube TV. YouTube TV just raised their price to $65/month. FIOS customers have to pay the $65/month, right?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. Stream TV can't be diagnosed like a FiOS set-top box. Stream TV is a Verizon product, but not related to FiOS.

Stream TV is similar to an Apple TV or Amazon Firestick/Fire TV. Basically if your internet is working then your Stream TV also should be working. 

Yes you can get Pay-per-view, but not from the On Demand menu like a Verizon set-top box. You will rent from the Play store. 

Yes FiOS customers pay the same YouTube TV prices as non-Verizon customers. 

pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

OK, thanks for answering my questions.