Can't control STB volume
popofrancy

Hi everybody!

I have a DCT700 with a P265 remote and my problem is that even using the 955 code procedure, I cannot control my STB volume, it appears a warning message on the screen that tells me that I'm trying to control the STB volume and suggests to reprogram the remote in order to control my tv volume, but I just want to set the STB volume louder and I can't! How can I do?

Thanks in advance to all those will answer me.

0 Likes
Re: Can't control STB volume
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the problems with your remote. You are getting the message because its not sending the volume command using the TV programming in the remote. Do you have your TV programmed into the remote? Can it power the TV on and off? If the remote is not controlling the TV, its not able to adjust the volume. Following the remote programming steps at https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VZRepair/vziha/Service.aspx?ihaweb=WebRemoteSetup . It may be the possibility your specific TV model is not able to be programmed for he FIOS remote.

0 Likes
TBDave17

It's not that the remote won't control the TV, but rather the remote will not control the STB volume.  I'm having the same issue.  My TV volume is turned way up, but I cannot hear anything because the STB volume is at 0.  I know the STB is at 0 because the previous remote (Motorola) I had was controlling the STB volume but then the Volume + wasn't working and hence had to get the Phillips 265 remote.  Very frustrating......

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

My suggestion is to always set the STB volume to max (30) and do the fine tune adjusting using the Verizon remote which is programmed to the TV volume. To get to the STB volume, press MENU , go to SETTINGS, go to AUDIO, go to SET-TOP BOX VOLUME. Increase this all the way, but please make sure your TV volume is all the way down first.

0 Likes