Can't Remove Replaced/Returned STBs from FIOS TV Mobile App
w1232
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both of my STBs were replaced and the old equipment returned, but now 4 STB remotes are listed in the FIOS TV Mobile App. Only the two new STBs are listed with IP addresses (COAX) on the G1100 Gateway. I've turned the new STBs off and rebooted the Gateway and deleted/reinstalled the FIOS TV Mobile App, but when the new STBs are rebooted, the two replaced STB remotes are still listed in the App along with the two new ones. How do I remove the two replaced STBs from the App?
Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't Remove Replaced/Returned STBs from FIOS TV Mobile App
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@w123 wrote:

Thank you Clem53 for the suggestion, but it didn't remove the two replaced remotes from appearing. I've sent an email to the FIOS TV Mobile App contact. If I don't receive a reply, I'll call FIOS support.

Regards

Try calling billing first and see if they still show your old boxes on your account. If so have them remove them.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@w123 wrote:

Both of my STBs were replaced and the old equipment returned, but now 4 STB remotes are listed in the FIOS TV Mobile App. Only the two new STBs are listed with IP addresses (COAX) on the G1100 Gateway. I've turned the new STBs off and rebooted the Gateway and deleted/reinstalled the FIOS TV Mobile App, but when the new STBs are rebooted, the two replaced STB remotes are still listed in the App along with the two new ones. How do I remove the two replaced STBs from the App?
Thank you

Try running this and see what happens: Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Fix FiOS TV Issues. If they still show up, you may need to call billing and make sure they have removed the old equipment from your account. It might take a day or 2 to take effect.

w1232
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Clem53 for the suggestion, but it didn't remove the two replaced remotes from appearing. I've sent an email to the FIOS TV Mobile App contact. If I don't receive a reply, I'll call FIOS support.

Regards

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@w123 wrote:

Regards

Try calling billing first and see if they still show your old boxes on your account. If so have them remove them.