Can't seem to get a problem fixed on Verizon's end (I need help)
madmonk1

Went to a Verizon store last week to pick up another set top box. They ask me did I want a DVD or what. I told them I just want a standard box that I can get the Guide and On Demand on. The guy gave me a digital receiver. My wife asked "and you can get the Guide and On Demand on here?". Yes the guy at the store said. I took the box home and had to run back to the store to get the right power cord.

Went home and the box wouldn't activate. Got on with support and the guy activated it for me. So the I contract support again and told them I couldn't get the Guide or On Demand to work. He told me that you cannot get the Guide or On Demand on a digital box. I would have to switch it.

I called Verizon and they said they couldn't change the order I would have to go back to the store. So I Went back to the store and was there for almost 2 hours waiting while the store manager was on the phone with Verizon. They could not fix it because there was a glitch in the system. The order wasn't clearing and the proper people to handle this are not there on Sundays. They told me to wait until the next and call back and it will be all clear up. They didn't clear it Monday. I called back Tuesday and was on the phone for 1 hour. The rep told me they couldn't keep me on the phone this long they will call me back between 1-2 hours. I waited for almost 3 hours and no call back.

They did not clear it Wednesday or Thursday. When I called Friday, the same thing. Order is messed up and can't fix. I will get a call back this morning from them which now makes it 1 week and hours of my time. Still no call back and it is the afternoon.

So how am I supposed to get this fixed? All I want to do is switch the digital box that rep from the store gave which he assured me would get the Guide and On Demand and it does not with a HD set top box? One week and they can't straighten out a simple box switch? So how many more hours should I spend trying to fix a mistake by one of your reps at your store?

0 Likes
Re: Can't seem to get a problem fixed on Verizon's end (I need help)
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Can't seem to get a problem fixed on Verizon's end (I need help)
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad you were able to get everything taken care of. We closed your private support case. Feel free to make a new thread anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes