Can't watch anything on On Demand
KevinVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of tonight, I haven't been able to watch anything on On Demand, due to horrible pixelation/connectivity issues with the service.  The cable service is working just fine - same with My DVR, but On Demand is behaving horribly.  I'm able to "login" to the service and look around, but anytime I attempt to watch something, the source media is corrupted to the point that sound is barely audible and the pixture is unrecognizable.

Is anyone having the same problem today (especially in Northern VA)?  Anyone know what the problem could be, or if there's a fix?  I've tried to auto-correct the problem twice, to no avail.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't watch anything on On Demand
KevinVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Figured it out.  It actually took my cold booting my Fios router to clean up the issue.  Things are now back to normal.  I hadn't realized that the router had that much pull on quality control, so this will help me in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

I'm in Reston and have not had any problems watching On Demand programs--watched 2 last night.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "login". How are you accessing On Demand?

I press the Menu key on the remote--usually "Video On Demand" is the highlighted option but if not, then navigate to it--press the OK button on the remote and then scroll to TV Shows and go from there...

Hope that helps...

0 Likes
KevinVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

By "login" I mean that when you access On Demand, a connection needs to be made.  It's not cable - it's networked and stored on a hard drive somewhere.

I know how to watch On Demand... and I'm able to choose shows and play them, but everything I play is pixelated and audio is distorted.  Nothing is watchable.

0 Likes
KevinVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Figured it out.  It actually took my cold booting my Fios router to clean up the issue.  Things are now back to normal.  I hadn't realized that the router had that much pull on quality control, so this will help me in the future.

0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for explaining what you meant by login--just wanted to make sure we weren't talking at cross purposes.

Anyway...as I mentioned, I'd watched 2 On Demand programs Weds evening--TNT On Demand--and then yesterday evening I watched an A&E On Demand program and there were no problems with either BUT! after watching the A&E On Demand last night, I tried to watch a Sundance program via On Demand and it's impossible. I tried to watch 3 different episodes of Push Girls and had the same problem with all 3--pixelated, image freeze--but I have just checked Sundance On Demand (it's about 4:50pm Thursday) and it's now working properly, displaying properly so, at least for me here in Reston, things seems to be working ok now...

What were you trying to watch and I'll check to see if it's working for me...

Edit after reading your last post which hadn't posted when I replied: Glad you got it sorted out. Not sure why rebooting your router fixed it because I don't think the tv signal comes/goes via the router--you can have FiOS TV without FiOS broadband so no router is involved???

0 Likes
Mumbles140

I've actually had an issue viewing Free Movies on Demand.  I was able to access them a couple of weeks ago, but now an on-screen prompt is telling me I need to upgrade my subscription?  Does anyone else have this problem?

0 Likes
oinotna

After selecting the movie that i want to se, I get a picture which has no sound and the picture is nothihg but

confusing broken lines, little squares etc. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

0 Likes