Cannot access QIP 7216 set-up menu
dlovrien

The instructions say "Power off the QIP receiver and then immediately press the MENU key on the front panel."  This is not working on my QIP 7216-1 DVR.  The SD Override is stuck in "stretch" mode and the regular menu won't turn it off even when I select 480p.  I'm thinking I need to set it in the box's set-up menu...

0 Likes
Re: Cannot access QIP 7216 set-up menu
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@dlovrien wrote:

The instructions say "Power off the QIP receiver and then immediately press the MENU key on the front panel."  This is not working on my QIP 7216-1 DVR.  The SD Override is stuck in "stretch" mode and the regular menu won't turn it off even when I select 480p.  I'm thinking I need to set it in the box's set-up menu...

The sequence was changed to POWER -> SELECT -> MENU.  Don't know why the manual hasn't been updated as this has been the sequence for some time now.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

POWER -> SELECT -> MENU.  is correct,  will it not change in the FiOS menu system under Menu ->settings->video settings->SD OVerride?

0 Likes
pacoinmass

I just received a QIP 7216 but cannot access the set up menu either.  I tried power off--->menu and power off--->select---->menu.  No set up menu appears but the receiver powers on.

Am I missing a step?  Both receivers are connected via HDMI (one direct to TV and send through receiver).  Is the set up menu only available for non-HDMI connections?

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

they are definetly available for hdmi connections.

There aren't too may features in there that are not accessible in the regular fios menu but if you need to get into that menu, the rhythm is real important, or the timing on how you hit those buttons.  you also have to be real deliberate,  like when you hit select you have to make sure it's pressed.

i usually do it in a 1 one thousand- 2 1 thousand - 3 1 thousand motion.    power -select - menu

works for me, but when i first did it - it definetly took 4-5 times for me to get the right timing. 

0 Likes