Cannot skip back a few seconds after fast forward
BAnslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I fast forwarded the old QIP.... box and then hit play, it would skip back a few seonds to allow for the fact that my reaction time is not instantaneous.

I cannot find a similar facility on my new VMS100 box.  Anyone know if this facility can be set anywhere.

Thanks,

Bryan.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot skip back a few seconds after fast forward
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

AFAIK there has never been a setting for this but can't answer for the VMS (haven't bit that bullet yet).  I believe that TiVO sued VZ over a patent for that feature a while back and they made tweaks to the code to not be infringing.  The current 7216 I have is sporadic in doing the back-up a few seconds (has been for a long time).

0 Likes
Re: Cannot skip back a few seconds after fast forward
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BAnslow wrote:

When I fast forwarded the old QIP.... box and then hit play, it would skip back a few seonds to allow for the fact that my reaction time is not instantaneous.

I cannot find a similar facility on my new VMS100 box.  Anyone know if this facility can be set anywhere.

Thanks,

Bryan.

Actually I never though this was a feature.  It happened some times and not others on both by QIP7232 and my VMS boxes.  I have always had my boxes set to have the skip back button go back 10 seconds and just use that if I think I went to far.

0 Likes